Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
About the Role
The Director, DevOps develops strategy, manages the DevOps and IT teams, and participates in hands on development and maintenance of Delfi’s cloud architecture, CI/CD infrastructure, and deployment automation.
What you’ll do
- Develop the overall devops strategy
- Select technologies and approaches for CI/CD, automated deployment, and monitoring
- Administer systems used for automated data processing and analysis
- Develop and document cloud architectures enabling secure, efficient, and cost effective processing and storage of data
- Participate in system deployments
- Participate in security analysis and risk identification/mitigation
- Collaborate on strategic decisions about technical ecosystem and platform roadmap
- Lead development and operation of the IT and Helpdesk teams
What you’ll have accomplished 12 months from now
- Developed the cloud architecture supporting pioneering applications of sequencing for cancer detection
- Developed and supported R&D infrastructure
- Supported efforts to generate documentation for regulatory filings
- Established monitoring enable high availability production systems
- Developed strategies for automated and zero down time deployment
What you’ll bring to DELFI
- 12+ years of experience developing and maintaining cloud analysis infrastructures
- Experience supporting and facilitating CI/CD
- Familiarity with IT processes and procedures
- Experience with network management
- Implementation of infrastructure to support containerization, artifact control, and automated deployments
- Support of production databases
- Degree in a scientific or technical field
- Experience with next-generation sequencing (Preferred)
- Experience operating in a CLIA/CAP environment (Preferred)
- Experience with security analysis and documentation (Preferred)
- Experience supporting operation of IVDs (Preferred)
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.