At Brit + Co we believe in the power of big data to change people's lives through creativity. We're looking for a Director of Engineering passionate about our mission to build a platform that unlocks creativity at the intersection of content, commerce and community. This is a senior leadership role providing technical leadership and helping to shape our rapidly growing engineering team. This is a full time role based in San Francisco, CA.
- Provide technical leadership to a growing team of engineers.
- Work with key members of the management team to define and drive technical strategy and architectural direction for content and eCommerce platforms
- Work closely with product managers to assess feasibility and ramifications of new business requirements and design appropriate solutions and recommend alternative approaches when necessary.
- Recommend and implement engineering best practices including use of design patterns, code reviews and automated unit testing.
The right person for this role must be an engineer who enjoys both coding and leading technical teams. S/he must be independent and self-motivated but also collaborative and able to work with a growing team on technology challenges at scale. In addition, the right person for this key role at Brit + Co must have:
- 10+ years experience working in consumer web- some combo of hands-on coding and technical management roles.
- Proven system analysis and design skills.
- Ability to effectively manage the timely delivery of software releases.
- Experience in media and/or eCommerce are highly desirable.
- Ability to easily see and articulate the big picture while focused on short-term objectives.
- Experience working at a start-up environment- ideally at a startup in rapid growth phase.
- An undergraduate or advanced degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.