Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Director of Consumer Engineering, you will inspire, mentor, and develop the team that builds responsive, high quality, secure systems that power the core of our revenue generation. This leader will have the rare opportunity to grow our new India site with exceptional technology talent to help deliver on our ambitious technical vision and our high growth business strategy.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization; the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, and search.
- Evolve the Search domain at Eventbrite to ensure we have a best-in-class offering for our Consumers
- Build Strong Leaders across India and the US - Responsible for the growth of a group of team leaders through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development
- Recruit - Building a team with strong engineering talent that represents the diversity of our audience, with clear and consistent hiring strategies
- Technical Skill - Have strong technical skills/background to help identify risk and create cost effective simple solutions.
- Drive transformations in our products and teams to build resilient, performant, and customer focused software solutions.
- Participate actively in infrastructure and application design, focusing on scalability considerations.
- Partner closely with product and business leaders to hit our goals with high efficiency and predictability
THE SKILL SET
- Should have 15+ years of work experience, with 5+ years of leadership experience managing at least 3 engineering teams. A leader of leaders scaling technology and people.
- Experience in leading consumer products. Leading the team towards a rapid development cadence, experimenting with A/B testing tools.
- Strong track record of leading the preparation of roadmaps, achieving high-performance execution and quality and establishing the appropriate operational excellence processes to constantly improve our services
- A highly-collaborative partner, who enjoys working closely with product management, design, data and finance teams to align the organization on joint goals.
- A strong communicator - You can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers. You communicate to create alignment, and inspire teams and leaders to be their best.Proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and retaining technical talent.
- Comfortable leading and being a part of a fast growing and changing organization. You’ve worked with and built global teams.
- Our legacy application stack is based on Python and Django-based microservices, running on AWS with MySQL backends.
- We’re currently migrating our architecture and all new services are built on a more diverse stack, utilizing kotlin, react, dynamoDB, lambdas and other microservice oriented technologies maximizing team autonomy, and using a mix of managed services.
- Data Science tooling and/or techniques such as embedding and ML
- Search indexing, relevance and retrieval working with both vendors or in-house technologies (kafka, ES, Caches, Snowflake, REST API, Kotlin/Python)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.