Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced Director, Financial Services. This is a critical role that requires vision, business acumen, data analytics and a comprehensive knowledge of automotive + financial services + remarketing. This role will work with Sales organization side by side and will be responsible to build the right Financial Services strategy to help with sales growth and customer conversion. This role is required to be onsite at Lucid Motors HQ (Newark, CA).
- Build and manage the vehicle financing & leasing group to launch a suite of financial products in various global markets
- Recommend the overall financial product strategy (short, interim and long term)
- Optimize new and pre-owned sales planning including pricing strategy, residual value strategy and new business processes
- Develop financial services and pricing management strategies and translate them into a Go-To-Market operational plan
- Execute on the design of the retail consumer purchase experience and implementation of loan & lease and ancillary & assurance program offerings
- Manage global financial services partners (3rd parties) internally and externally, operating among various retail channels; set & adhere to channel rules of engagement
- Work closely with other key departments – Sales, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Legal – and collaborate on executing strategies; lead & deliver projects on time
- Collaborate with sales to help store management, including training, inquiries & support, so that sales staff understands customers’ digital & in-studio purchase lifecycle
- Lead and inspire the vehicle financing & leasing group to a top performing team
- Identify and implement key differentiating factors that can accelerate Lucid’s financial products in the marketplace
- Manage executive updates including financing & leasing strategy updates, feedback, pricing and market trends
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in at least 4 of the following areas – automotive, auto finance & financial products, risk management, capital markets, residual value forecasting, pricing, regulatory
- Subject matter expert on the latest news and best-in-class financial products in the automotive industry (including automotive OEM, auto financing and 3rd parties)
- Analytics and technical expertise in auto/finance, economics, statistics
- Proven experience in structuring and negotiation
- Entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinker, intellectually curious
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts to diverse audiences
- Ability to think strategically, drive for results, build a high-performance organization, drive innovation and inspire the teams to achieve and exceed objectives
- Strong work ethic, must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in a start-up, with a track record of having created from scratch
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, and effectively plan multiple projects to deliver them on time with real business impact even under resource/cost constrained environment
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $185,000-$264,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.