The Director, Functional Integration is responsible for leading all activities in the areas of entire vehicle target setting & benchmarking competition, prototype build planning and management, vehicle level testing & validation as well as homologation and certification.
The selected person ensures in close working relationship with corporate strategy & brand development, PMO, all D&R functions and vehicle manufacturing that the established vehicle targets are monitored and reported as well as adequate corrective actions are planned, implemented and reviewed throughout the entire production development, validation and launch phases in a timely manner.
The role will those vehicle integration processes that will ensure timely vehicle development tradeoff decisions that properly balance engineering design feasibility with functional and technical specifications, through design & validation phases, vehicle builds and production.
· Develop robust vehicle technical specifications in alignment with both the product vision and the technical system specifications
· Establish processes to guide vehicle integration execution to this vision and the system specifications to create a harmonious and compatible vehicle architecture to support achieving targeted vehicle attributes, vehicle manufacturability, to reach successful SoP timeline and the overall program business case.
· Generate, manage/monitor and present vehicle target setting and benchmarking process
· Establish processes to guide attributes balancing resulting into best possible compromises regarding system functionality scope & performance, package, costs and assembly requirements
· Establish complete vehicle testing and validation plans for both all hardware and virtual prototypes
· Develop complete and robust vehicle level DVP&R's that are executed on time and supported by on-time vehicle orders, ensuring that all vehicle builds have completed integrity and signoff prior to custodian delivery
· Establish processes to guide vehicle engineering execution to the established and agreed specifications
· Participate in sourcing process as required
· Review component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods
· Conduct vehicle integration team meetings
· Plan vehicle integration resources, including contracting engineering service suppliers needed to accomplish program objectives & knowledge transfer to internal employees
· Manage projects to ensure timely program deliverables within budget and manage functional integration engineering service providers necessary to meet requirements
· Support vehicle development milestones and build events
· Develop comprehensive plan for assembly plant test alignment and problem solving support;
· Develop and implement a vehicle integration process that tracks attainment of vehicle, component (internal & supplier) DFMEAs and DVP&Rs to 100% achievement
· Manage the generation of vehicle level virtual test plans, DVP&R and design validation methods
· Field support for evaluating difficult vehicle performance issues that enables quick customer resolution
· Grow vehicle integration capabilities & knowledge for engineering at every phase, including training, to establish a world class Karma VI team;
· Prepares presentations for executive management
· Proactive issue resolution/tracking and negotiation with cross functional partners
· B.S. degree in engineering discipline; M.S. or MBA preferred
· 15+ years’ experience in automotive development at the entire vehicle level
· Strong knowledge of vehicle level target setting and benchmarking, testing & validation and homologation/certification
· Strong organizational and presentation skills.
· Good logical problem solving and analytical skills.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Director, Functional Integration job post.✕