Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, PGA 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization. Our team is comprised of experienced and talented marketing professionals and an exceptional communications team working together across the company to create memorable and innovative campaigns for industry leading video gaming titles.
What We Need:
As the project lead for the Firaxis slate of products, the Director of Global Marketing is responsible for leading and driving the development and execution of the global marketing strategy, guiding and in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders globally, to maximize brand growth and deliver business objectives.
The Director of Global Marketing will have a proven track record of success and achievement in global marketing strategy development and execution, brand strategy definition and growth, multi-year product development and management and live-service marketing. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Marketing, you will lead Global Marketing and Brand strategy and marketing for the complete Firaxis slate of projects.
Global Marketing and Product Strategy
- Starting with the insights- customer, product, competitor, cultural etc. build and drive strategic marketing planning for Firaxis products.
- Lead the Global Marketing team working closely with regional and cross functional marketing team to build and evolve marketing strategy, define customer journeys and target audience prioritization, product positioning, cross sell and upsell strategies and key messaging and content plans.
- Consult with product development teams to ensure products meet relevant positioning, are feature competitive and relevant and partner with development team on multi-year franchise roadmaps.
- Work with the studio game teams and develops strategic plan around user engagement and acquisition, and helps execute against the plan and tactics
- Direct global property and creative strategy and development across digital content, key art, packaging, content (digital and TV), trailers, social media, sales support materials, events/activations, performance marketing, web and point-of-sales materials.
- Demonstrate understanding of cultural practices and global perspectives and adapt solutions based on information-based decisions and overall marketing needs.
- Define and work with relevant teams to guide development of go-to-market, user acquisition, engagement & retention strategies in territories, demonstrating understanding of cultural practices and global perspectives and adapt solutions based on information-based decisions and overall brand and business needs.
- Maintain constant contact with international marketing teams in the US, Europe and Asia regarding regional marketing approaches and insights to ensure on brand and strategy but locally relevant to drive the business forward and connect with our consumer.
Optimization and Innovation mindset
- Define key metrics to determine what is working and what isn’t and lead marketing collaboration framework process that evaluates metrics, flags opportunities / risks and drives org to solutions that foster positive player relationships, as well as business targets.
- Incorporate best practices derived from analysis of in-game data, sales numbers and financial metrics and communicate key takeaways to management, as well as driving relevant actions to continuously optimize all marketing plans and actions globally and in territory.
- Foster and drive an innovative mindset to test and learn new things and challenge the status quo.
- Drive live service player engagement via integrated dev / analytics / marketing / regional efforts.
Collaboration and Communication
- Regularly partner, present and report to studio leadership and 2K stakeholders on marketing strategies, plans, findings, results and recommendations.
- Working directly with commercial and other 2K cross functional teams to develop growth plans and provide relevant marketing insight and guidance.
- Maintain constant contact with international marketing teams and territories regarding regional marketing approaches and insights.
- Oversees and direct the tasks and progress of both direct and indirect reports, weekly, if not daily, meetings to touch base and observe production.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Business oriented marketing leader with a proven track record of success and achievement in brand strategy, product, and live-service marketing
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in marketing roles at top tier companies - mobile or interactive entertainment, CPG, consulting, or e-commerce
- Experience in all major areas of marketing, including mobile, performance, online and offline, brand and product marketing, search, CRM, social media, and PR
- Project Management and coordination across functional groups, studios and external partners / licensors
- Experience working with licensors / licensees
- Ability to build relationships at Executive level
- BA / BS from a top-tier institution and MBA preferred
- Experience leading, growing and developing a team of direct reports
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Superlative organizational/time management skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, flexible environment
- Passion for video games (specifically strategy) preferred