DIRECTOR, TALENT TEAMS FOR SUPPLY CHAIN
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process. The Director of Supply Chain Talent will have the unique opportunity to drive our customer experience through leading the strategy and thoughtful execution of integrated talent management (high-volume recruiting, talent and leadership development, and field HR operations) for our large and dynamic Supply Chain teams.
Our Supply Chain Teams:
Logistics/Wholesale - We buy and sell cars all over the country. Which means we move cars all over the country throughout various stages of the purchase, inspection/reconditioning, and sales processes. Our Logistics team manages the operations of vehicle transportation and getting our cars where they need to be, when they need to be there. Our Wholesale Team manages the company’s portfolio of non-retail vehicles to optimize the resale value, while reducing time to sale and minimizing remarketing costs.
Inspection Centers - Our Inspection Center teams perform full-scale inspections on all of our vehicles and facilitate all necessary reconditioning, mechanical, and cosmetic processes. Essentially, they’re responsible for getting vehicles in optimal, sale-ready condition.
As the Director of Supply Chain Talent, you will be responsible for properly assessing the recruiting, talent/leadership development, and field HR operations needs across the Supply Chain organizations, and successfully creating and executing effective talent strategies to serve these needs. We are looking for a high-energy, self-motivated team player with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a proven track record of leading talent teams to meet business initiatives. You’ll need to quickly develop a strong understanding of our Supply Chain operations, processes and talent needs. You’ll oversee a team of 100+ team members with common/related goals: to hire, support, develop, and maintain an amazing talent pipeline for our Supply Chain teams.
The Director, Talent Teams (Supply Chain) position is based out of our Tempe, AZ Carvana Headquarters.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a large, hyper-growing, integrated talent/People Operations organization, focused on the growth and support of our Supply Chain teams.
- Drive the Supply Chain organizations to meet constantly evolving goals and business needs, by strategically assessing organizational needs, prioritizing initiatives, creating talent strategies, and leading the development and implementation of successful high volume recruiting initiatives and internal talent programs.
- Build trusting and collaborative business partner relationships with our Supply Chain and People Operations leaders and teams.
- Act as a key business partner to department leaders to execute full-scale, robust talent pipeline management processes (talent assessment, attraction, management/development, retention, and engagement), and partner with cross-functional teams (People Operations, Finance, Analytics, Operations) to align strategies and processes using people data and analytics.
- Effectively utilize industry knowledge and experience to lead talent teams in delivering effective and scalable recruiting and development solutions.
- Promote and lead change amongst our teams in the field by creating change management plans, conducting stakeholder analysis, creating communication plans and leading the successful execution of all change management plans.
- Strategically plan and collaborate with your team and the teams you support to ensure effective execution, utilization, and constant improvement of talent programs, tools and resources.
- Oversee the management and continuous improvement of field HR Operations (health and safety, policy/compliance, employee relations) for Supply Chain teams.
- Cultivate, promote and maintain a culture of high-performing, highly engaged, diverse and inclusive employee teams with a growth mindset.
- Lead and develop direct reports (in Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, and field HR Operations) while overseeing the leadership and development of their direct reports.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know/have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- 10+ years experience and thorough knowledge of integrated talent management (high-volume recruiting, talent and leadership development, and HR operations).
- 5+ years of recruiting experience/leadership.
- Proven success utilizing people data and analytics to drive talent solutions.
- Strong business acumen with expert partnership, strategic, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Proven ability leading large-scale talent recruiting and development programs across business platforms.
- Proven ability to develop talent needs assessments, talent strategies and talent plans with key stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to oversee day-to-day operations while creating forward-looking strategies.
- Proven track record of leading and developing individuals and teams.
- Proven ability to lead high-level program/project strategy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to articulate vision with confidence.
We’d love it if you also have
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration.
- Experience working in an operations (logistics or manufacturing/mechanical) environment.
- Experience utilizing Greenhouse and/or Workday HR information systems.
- Experience working with Tableau interactive data visualization software.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience leading teams across multiple geographic regions, and/or working remotely.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.