Company and Culture
NTWRK, dubbed the “QVC for Gen Z,” is a new and exciting video shopping platform that seamlessly blends content and commerce for a global audience of fans and collectors. Our daily live streamed episodes feature shoppable content hosted by celebrities, musicians, and cultural icons, offering unprecedented access to exclusive art, sneakers, fashion, and collectibles. NTWRK’s unique approach connecting entertainment and e-commerce has attracted investment from the likes of Jimmy Iovine, LeBron James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Drake, Live Nation, and Foot Locker, among others.
We are a diverse team of creatives and innovators, working together to become a massive global marketplace. We share an intrinsic motivation to redefine the mobile content and commerce experience, rooted in rich telling stories and a curated product. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve launched a two-day digital festival that featured exclusive drops from over 30 brands and artists, virtual DJ sets, and insight-driven panels and interviews.
As an early member of our team, you will play a foundational role in shaping NTWRK’s culture and market position. Forbes called us the “much-hyped e-tail platform that’s putting a rocket under retailtainment” and we were also recently named one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups of 2020.
Why We're Hiring
NTWRK is a fast-growing company that seeks a Director of Human Resources to join the team. The individual will support our organization and guide the development of HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain talent. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources, and organization development expertise.
As a forward-looking business partner, the individual will proactively assess business performance to identify gaps and initiate partnerships to develop HR solutions that promote organizational and employee effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have experience in organization design, diversity and inclusion, and talent management strategies. The individual will also serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes (e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management and talent planning) in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
What You'll Do
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Develop and drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals of NTWRK
- Drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.)
- Assess organizational performance, identify talent gaps, and propose HR solutions that support the business
- Integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to the workplace
- Translate near and long-term operating goals into HR processes, projects, and assignments and integrates and initiates the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to support business strategies
- Be available to all employees as a coach, counselor, and mentor; be effective at rallying everyone toward the common goals and be an effective bridge builder across all functions and levels within the organization
- Maintain employee files in internal database and HR platform
- Process and coordinate employee onboarding (e.g., Employee Handbook distribution and acknowledgement, benefits enrollment, etc.), as well as employee separations (e.g., final check, return of company property, etc.)
- Consult with counsel on conducting investigations and escalating employee relations issues as appropriate
Who You Are
- 5+ years’ experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field (preferably in ecommerce or entertainment)
- Understands how to lead change within dynamic environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams and HR partners from inception through completion
- Ability to maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individuals and overall company needs
- Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
- Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
- Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (e.g., coaching, mentoring) approaches
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to effectively work across functions and organization
- Embraces working and operating in a highly collaborative and communicative environment
- Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity
- Innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Best in class health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- A modern and dog friendly office space in the heart of Hollywood, CA
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NTWRK has recently become aware of certain fraudulent activity relating to alleged (but completely fake and with criminal intent) job postings which are designed to appear to be made on behalf of NTWRK and its employees. NTWRK is working to remove such postings and investigate such activity. It goes without saying but we warn anyone to refrain from disclosing any personal information or engaging in communications with anyone who reaches out to you in or via any media claiming to speak on behalf of NTWRK or regarding potential employment with NTWRK.
NTWRK will never contact prospective job applicants from a personal email account (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.), conduct job interviews via chat or a messenger application, or send job applicants a check asking them to purchase their own computer or equipment. Do not cash the check, wire/transfer funds, or provide personal information.