To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU:
As Virgin Hyperloop (VH) continues our journey to build the world’s first hyperloop and act as a disruptive force in the transportation industry, we are in need of an experienced human resources business partner for our growing organization.
- You drive our talent agenda forward through your hands-on and strategic work with leaders across the business to build high performing teams and create a great employee experience.
- You’re an experienced and dynamic talent leader who has strong experience building effective partnerships with a range of stakeholders, collaborates effectively with others in building out talent strategies to support our engineering organization.
- Partner with the broader talent team to build a work culture that enhances the employee experience.
- Work consultatively with executives and internal stakeholders supporting and executing our talent strategy.
- Lead and manage a small HR business partner team supporting specific internal departments.
- Contribute and partner with Talent Operations leadership to build an overall talent strategy, including developing new processes, programs, and activities.
- Engage directly with clients and colleagues to develop workforce plans that ensure our success for the long term.
- Work with the business to build engaged, high-performing teams using internal and external HR specialist groups and support resources including Talent Development, Compensation & Benefits, Recruiting, and legal counsel.
- Drive and advise on succession planning, talent reviews and processes driving the annual review cycle.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Extensive experience advising, coaching and guiding all levels of management in building required skills and capabilities.
- Exert influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee issues.
- Resolve employee concerns through a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through.
- Support recruiting and onboarding efforts for new employees.
- Conduct exit interviews and identify trends to support retention, career development, and minimized risk.
- Facilitate and manage corrective actions, and counsel employees and managers, guided by company policies, internal process, industry best practices, and relevant labor laws.
- Implement well-informed, tactical, and strategic interventions and solutions quickly and decisively
- Completes other duties and relevant projects as assigned
WHAT YOU'VE DONE:
- Exceptional experience leading HR business partner teams in dynamic, technology focused organizations.
- Positive HR impact on diverse, technically focused leadership and teams.
- Track record of success in fast-paced technology, engineering, or manufacturing organization and cultures.
- Possesses the following critical skills; leadership, business acumen, consultation, change management, workforce planning, performance management, compensation employee relations, coaching/development, conflict management, and communication.
- Bring strong experience in a HR Business Partner or other HR consultative role that included coaching, employee relations, recruiting, development, succession planning, compensation, and HR project management or program implementation.
- Applied knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment; thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Proven planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Success managing a distributed team and working in a multi-site, multi-state environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field – MBA or Master’s Degree is highly preferred
- SHRM-SCP, SPHR, or other HR-specific certification
- Experience working HR in a global, engineering-based company
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP:
Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.