We are looking for a creative, energetic and collaborative individual to develop and execute a global internal communications strategy for BuzzFeed. This individual will conceive communications plans that promote awareness, engagement, understanding, and transparency; while also promoting the company goals, culture and collaboration cross-functionally and among teams. The ideal candidate will be well versed in communications technologies and energized by building and experimenting with communications across multiple functions and cultures. This is both a hands on and strategic role, as the individual will be directly responsible for internal communications in LA and will manage another team member who leads NY communications, and together they will be responsible for global communications. This position reports to the Chief People Officer.
- Establish an internal communications strategy which is consistent with BuzzFeed’s culture and supports the company’s business objectives. This strategy will use multiple communications channels and methods to create impactful communications for a global employee population.
- Develop proactive communications plans and campaigns to amplify key strategic, business, and cultural initiatives.
- Build partnerships with executives and other key internal stakeholders and facilitate proactive communications internally among teams.
- Explore current channels of communications and provide guidance on best channels for various communications.
- Develop content for a variety of communications channels, including print, video web sites, intranets, email campaigns, and social media.
- Ensure company initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Identify and prioritize what needs to be communicated to employees. Collaborate on reactive communications when needed.
- Manage other internal communications team members.
- 8+ years communications experience including experience setting strategy. Work with a global audience desired.
- Strategic and creative thinker with experience in developing and executing communications plans across a complex organization.
- Ability to manage relationships with people at all levels of an organization.
- Proven strength as a people manager and mentor to others.
- Experienced with crafting messaging for multiple channels, geographies, and audiences.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion with privileged information.
- Enjoys working both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Deep understanding of how to communicate information clearly, concisely and creatively.
- Familiarity with media or internet technology industries.