BuzzFeed is looking for a Director, Client Services to play a critical role in the development and management of the East Team. The Client Services team is responsible for providing top tier customer that leads to renewal, building strong relationships with internal partners and external clients and to ensure that revenue goals are met and exceeded. This individual will be responsible for hiring, coaching and managing a team of individual contributors and managers and may have direct reports in various geographic locations. The ideal candidate is an expert at communicating the big picture up and down the organization.
- Directly manage a team of managers and individual contributors and oversee the day-to-day operations including staffing, budgeting, organizational strategy and deployment, and troubleshooting
- Oversee and Manage the pre-sale strategy and post-sale execution of 1-2 Key Accounts
- Maintain regular meetings with RVPs and Sales Directors to understand regional priorities and provide updates on Client Services team, current state and future state goals
- Determine team priorities and set strategies to ensure quarterly revenue goals are met and exceeded
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams such as Creative Services, Video Production, Ad Solutions and Research
- Partner with peers and internal partners to evaluate existing and implement new business processes
- Provide hands-on assistance in developing realistic project timelines for custom initiatives by engaging with cross-functional teams
- Ensure the adoption of new process and/or systems and play a major role in change management
- Help team members develop strategic proposals and successful post sale program execution.
- Coach team members on best practices around internal and external communication
- Troubleshoot, solve and/or assist team members in figuring out the root causes for any program-related issues
- Provide regular updates and escalate issues to the VP of Global Client Services
- Cultivate positive business relationships with teams including Brand Strategy (Sales), Ad Solutions, Distribution and Pricing.
- Has the ability to drive efficiencies through process improvements/automation
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm and motivate strategic thinking
- Work ethic and personality that inspires the best approach to internal and external customer service, demonstrates detailed thinking, exemplifies accountability and follow through, prioritizes in an environment of multiple tasks and challenges, encourages collaboration with internal teams, and ensures insightful problem solving
- Passionate about social media and about learning BuzzFeed products, brings energy to everything they do and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small.
- 10+ years experience in Digital Industry – Publisher, Creative/Media Agency
- 7+ years of relevant and successful Management experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, preferably managing a team with sales/advertising operations functions
- Has managed 1-3 Key Accounts for an organization full cycle that are multi-touchpoint
- Excellent presentation skills and experience with leading strategy sessions (experience with video production is a plus!)
- Client Facing with solid internal relationships
- Cross-Platform product and brand expertise
- Demonstrable ability to drive efficiencies through process improvements/automation
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm and motivate strategic thinking. Encourages collaboration and ensures insightful problem solving.
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with SalesForce, MS Office (Keynote a plus), JIRA/Mavenlink
- Excellent analytical/quantitative skills
- BA/BS degree required
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.