Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end users love and organizations trust.
We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,000 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: https://www.jamf.com/careers.
Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose an assigned desk, a shared desk, or connect remote from your home office.
What you'll do at Jamf:
This position of Director of IT Enterprise Application - Back Office is for an experienced information technology (IT) professional to lead our team of software engineers and other technology staff who support both legacy system maintenance, new application global development, and application architecture. This includes leadership for and management of information technology systems serving Finance, HR, Legal and other back-office enterprise functions. Jamf’s strategic direction is to modernize our core systems on the current market leading platforms (e.g. Oracle Cloud, Workday).
- Drive our back-office enterprise application strategy planning, roadmap and delivery across the enterprise at Jamf.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with internal business stakeholders in Finance, HR and Legal organizations and map business processes to technology solutions.
- Act as a focal point for scaling ERP and HRMS systems and integrations to supporting technologies, with focus on automation and process transformation.
- Execute strategic initiatives, coupled with the ability to explore and recommend new technology and development approaches.
- Motivating the team and partners to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Direct a team in support of system enhancements, modernization, system integration, and new application development projects. Management duties include:
- Mentoring/coaching/managing individual team members
- Goal setting and performance appraisals
- Aligning team objectives with Jamf’s mission/vision/values
- Leading by example, hands-on approach
- Budgeting and Vendor management
- Hiring and onboarding of team members
- Direct a team in supporting, maintaining, and modernizing our legacy-based applications and integrating, migrating, and/or modernizing applications on the current market leading platforms.
- Manage resources to deliver IT-based business application solutions in support Finance, HR and Legal organizations and supporting go-to-market readiness.
- Coordinate and prioritize the activities of resources to enable progress on multiple, concurrent high priority projects, negotiating resolution of conflicting requirements & priorities for back-office stakeholders.
- Communicate across all levels of the organization to ensure identification of and response to business technology requirements.
- Work closely with all other IT management personnel to ensure strong teamwork and continuous awareness of priorities and individual accountability to projects.
- Participate in the definition, champion and enforce the use of portfolio and project management, software development, change, QA, and release management processes, consistent with the standards established by the company.
- Coordinate development, testing and integration activity with outsource partners.
- Work closely with Jamf’s IT Program Management Office to apply a disciplined approach to develop requirements, project plans, budgets, schedules, and risk profiles for information technology projects.
- Apply agile and/or iterative development methodologies to software/application development projects.
- Maintain a complete software development lifecycle including methodology and tools from design through test and delivery with an emphasis on software configuration and change management across cloud and on-premises application environments. Support dynamic metrics and reporting of SDLC process and status.
- Participate in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent. (Required)
- Minimum of 5 Years experience in a IT Enterprise Applications role (Required)
- Minimum of 3 Years in a management/supervisory role in a large and complex IT organization providing services to internal and/or external clients (Required)
- Minimum of 2 Years of demonstrated experience managing resources and supporting Finance and HR enterprise applications (i.e. Oracle Cloud, Workday HCM, ATSs, LMSs, etc.) (Required)
- Minimum of 2 Years of hands-on system development as a data analyst, architect, or developer role (Preferred)
- Experience working in a global organization, supporting multiple regions
- Solid understanding of system architecture, integration, and data migration approaches, with emphasis on back-office applications
- Broad knowledge of IT architectures, methodologies, processes and tools
- Disciplined process orientation, attention to details, troubleshooting skills, and root cause analysis expertise.
- Ability to think critically and strategically and to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to display tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and work independently.
- Skilled at effectively resolving conflict.
- Detail oriented, a strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to design and implement strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Focus on fostering an environment of accountability
- Strong background in software/application development lifecycle, including budget, planning, requirements management, and test procedures.
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Named a Fortune Best Workplace in Technology, 2021.
- Named a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 60,000 global customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Our volunteer time off allows employees to support and give back to our communities.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We strive to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities. In the spirit of our values of selflessness and relentless self-improvement, we seek to learn, engage, and grow. We better ourselves for the betterment of others. All voices are critical to the innovative and collaborative work that we do. It is important that all of our Jamfs feel comfortable being their truest selves at work. Be your best self, and let your individuality shine at Jamf!
Get social with us: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook or follow the conversation at #OneJamf