About the Role
Exciting time to join our ambitious and growing Accounting team. We're looking for a Director of Accounts Receivables to help shape DoorDash’s invoicing, collections and reconciliation process within a fast paced and quickly evolving online marketplace company.
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated accounting professional with AR management experience, this might be the role for you. Strong ability to build and lead the team required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage and improve the invoicing process ensuring completeness and accuracy of our invoices
- Build and lead a new team as well as develop the “AR playbook” (collection and escalation procedures and process) ensuring the team’s success
- Advise and develop accounts receivable policies
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the accounting department's goals and ensure team goals are met
- Effectively execute day-to-day collections activities by identifying, resolving, and mitigating account/payment delinquencies in a timely manner.
- Report out daily analysis of outstanding receivables, including significantly past due accounts, with finance, accounting, and sales leadership.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including sales, finance, legal and various business owners to ensure timely customer collections
- Work cross functionally with engineering and product teams to refine and improve our accounts receivable process including providing scope, requirements design, and user acceptance testing
- Manage AR month close checklist and process
- Prepare documentation and/or analysis to support external audit requests
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
We’re excited about you because…
- You are self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- You possess a get-it-done mindset - able to handle diverse workload and multiple deadlines well, humble and scrappy!
- You can balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated understanding of accounting cycles.
- You possess the ability to adapt to changing work environments.
- You are a flexible team player with ability to prioritize urgent requests and effectively resolve conflicts/disputes with internal and external stakeholders
- You have managed teams globally and experience in building accounts receivable teams from scratch
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing the accounts receivable process at a public company
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.