Located in LA, you will report to the COO and work closely with our Operations, Product, Tech, Customer Experience. and Executive teams. You will be responsible for using our wealth of data (from our customers, vehicles, infrastructure, ridesharing/delivery partners, infrastructure partners, etc.) to develop descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics to drive business performance improvements. As we grow, you will be responsible for expanding this competency and the analytics team.
Specifically, we’re looking for you to do the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop our data competency; identify data collection targets, interpret data, and analyze results using advanced statistical and analytical methods.
- Descriptive - Develop and maintain the KPIs for our business; lead ad-hoc reporting.
- Predictive - Develop predictive models on customer acquisition, customer retention, vehicle utilization, infrastructure deployment, driver risk factors, etc.
- Prescriptive - Develop optimizations and simulations to drive business changes.
- Effectively communicate results to management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Support company goals by identifying and developing new metrics, analyses, visualizations, and reports.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5 - 10 years of experience in consulting, analytics, business operations, or related work; strong preference to candidates with experience building business intelligence teams
- Passion and technical ability to solve complex data-intense problems.
- Ability to visualize and present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Operational decision making experience with ability to relate analytics to actual business decisions
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, and programming tools.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical and analytical packages for large datasets.
- Strong proficiency in Excel modeling (preferred pivot tables, VBA, and various data tools).
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a startup environment continually striving to improve business operations, processes, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in science, technology, engineering, math, or economics. MBA strongly preferred.
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, Java) and databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Access)
- Proficiency in scientific computing, statistical, and analytical tools (e.g. Matlab, R, NumPy, SciPy)
- Familiarity with visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) and Geographic Information Systems tools (e.g. ArcGIS)
- Knowledge of the mobility or the energy space (and the trends driving each). You could also demonstrate knowledge/work in another complicated vertical;
- Passion for impacting change in the future of sustainability, renewable energy, and/or mobility.
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Aggressive compensation package, base, bonus & equity
- Generous benefits package including 401K
- Open vacation policy; Flexible work schedule
- Startup environment and people driven culture
Vision Fleet is an equal opportunity employer.