Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
- Support the business development team from identification of external opportunities through contract negotiation.
- Support partnering and / or licensing efforts via researching areas of potential opportunity, developing pitch decks, running diligence processes, and participating in negotiation and contracting.
- Understand strategy of the organization and work collaboratively to identify, evaluate, and execute transactions.
- Conduct competitive, financial, and deal comparable analyses, as well as deal financial modeling, to support business decisions.
- Form strong relationships with all teams within 64x Bio to monitor team and platform needs and evaluate feasibility for collaborations of interest.
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Business Development at 64x Bio.
- Bachelor’s degree (MA, MBA or PhD preferred).
- 8+ years experience in a business development role in the therapeutics industry.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a wide array of personalities and work styles.
- Proven track-record in negotiating and closing high-value partnerships (applicants with deal sheet preferred).
- Experience negotiating and closing contracts with biopharma companies.
- Knowledge of current and future trends in relevant markets
- Strong knowledge and experience negotiating services or licensing contracts with biopharma.
- Experience in managing long-term relationships with strategic partners.
- Ability to reprioritize tasks and projects throughout the day and week as new needs arise in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to systematically and effectively multitask / advance many projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with synthetic biology.