The Director of Business Development and Sales will identify new customers and frame solutions for customers using appropriate and modern tactics to match Launch Forth’s creative and customized product offering. Accountable for leading growth of the Launch Forth business—which includes collaborating with key executives to set sales goals and working with the co-creation team to achieve those goals. The Director of Business Development and Sales is motivated by evolving the future of mobility and advanced manufacturing, how we get there, and the Launch Forth point of view about this future.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic and tactical components of business development including defining the sales funnel and qualifying leads.
- Tactical responsibility for lead generation and maintenance, as well as closing deals.
- Direct and manage the sales pipeline. Lead the sales process from lead generation through contract signing.
- Enable visibility and transparency of our pipeline and new business process through regular updates.
- Exceed activity, pipeline, sales, and revenue targets.
- Know how to sell innovation and disruption as a service, and is deeply attuned to the pain points of product-driven companies.
- Refine programs, concepts, and campaigns that meet and advance co-creation and prototyping business objectives.
- Develop co-creation and prototyping technology sales strategy focused on addressing end user needs.
- Build trust and lead engagement with C-level executives and other key decision makers, be it potential clients, internal LM Industries, or critical influencers.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with concentration in business.
- 5+ years of successful experience in sales and/or business development, including the successful sale of management consulting services with engagements that are 6 to 18 months long.
- Proven successful track record of exceeding business development and sales goals, including the demonstration of innovative tactics and consultative interactions with clients.
- Ability to travel extensively for deals both domestically and internationally.
- Extensive experience building customer relationships, including a strong network in innovation and advanced manufacturing spheres.
About Launch Forth
For organizations facing digital disruption, Launch Forth is the leading crowd-powered product development platform that enables clients to co-create next-generation products-- from Idea to Minimum Viable Product-- leveraging a global community of nearly 200,000 passionate designers, engineers and solvers. Launch Forth clients include GE, Airbus, USMC, and Allianz. We believe in co-creating meaningful products that ship.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.