We have an opportunity for a Director of Business Development that will have a direct and immediate impact on the growth of the organization as well as its strategic direction.
Axiom Exergy’s team has developed a game-changing energy storage solution for supermarkets and refrigerated facilities. Our mission is to transform the world’s cooling systems into intelligent, cloud-connected, low-cost batteries.
We are seeking a Business Development all star with deep experience in the distributed energy industry to generate new offerings and business models that enhance our value proposition. This position will also require synthesizing complex technical information, customer feedback, market intelligence and other factors into business and customer value. The ideal candidate will be curious and persistent in finding creative solutions, an expert in developing unique business cases, and have an understanding of energy markets.
What You’ll Do
The Business Development Director is a key member of the commercial organization. You will be instrumental in enhancing the value proposition to customers and profitability of the Refrigeration Battery solution. You will not only accelerate Axiom’s growth with existing product lines and markets, but you will also do the strategic research and vetting to outline plans for expansion into new markets, applications and the development of new products.
You will work directly with the VP of Sales and Marketing on 3 key strategic initiatives: Profit Enhancing Services, Financing, and Strategy.
Profit enhancing offerings
- Backup Cooling: Develop the business model to roll out a backup cooling offering to customers.
- Fleet services: Enhance the business model to enable a fleet services offering to customers. This may include building key strategic partnerships with aggregation providers and or utility personnel.
- Retrocommissioning: Develop the business model to offer customers a quantified retrocommissioning offering. Developing this offering may include building key strategic partnerships with refrigeration service providers.
- Quantifying Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and appropriate cost / benefit thresholds for additional product offerings in collaboration with product engineering.
- Develop proposals for and identify target sources of project financing
- Manage the selection of a provider(s)
- Gather requirements from project financing companies and incorporate them into sales contracts as necessary
- Determining which new markets - including new states, countries, and utility RFP’s - are worth pursuing and setting the initial strategy to succeed in those new markets.
- Evaluation of new applications for the Refrigeration Battery
- As Axiom grows into new product lines, this role would also be heavily involved in the identification of the appropriate new product introductions and associated strategies
General / other
- Axiom Exergy is a startup operating in a fast past environment and may ask the candidate to take on responsibilities and tasks that are outside of the scope mentioned in this document.
The Fine Print
- Compensation in cash and equity in the company.
- As startups go, the work is demanding and the hours are long, but we’ll make every effort to find an arrangement that works.
- A moderate amount of travel for site evaluations and installations.