Ginkgo is a well-funded, high-growth biotech company in Boston’s Seaport District that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, material, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our innovative data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering. Come join our dynamic, passionate and collaborative team dedicated to cultivate and execute new business partnerships within Ginkgo’s space.
As the Director of Business Development, you will be scouting new areas where Ginkgo’s platform is ripe to be a disruptive technology and consistently introducing that expertise to prospective partners. Given your industry experience, you know the key players, keep up with emerging trends, and can leverage your strong network to create an effective market strategy and partnership pipeline. You also enjoy building relationships, are thoughtful and take a proactive approach to structuring new and existing business opportunities. And, most importantly, you see the bigger picture: You’re excited about Ginkgo and eager to help us achieve our mission of making biology easier to engineer.
Ginkgo is hiring at a number of levels across its BD team.
- Actively seek new opportunities in coordination with Ginkgo’s Business Development team.
- Identify new markets that Ginkgo should enter.
- Reach out to key players in specific fields, be the Ginkgo ambassador to them.
- Negotiate, close, and execute deals with customers in identified markets.
- Speak at industry conferences about Ginkgo’s technology.
- Travel as necessary.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree, MBA, or PhD a plus).
- Relevant business development experience, genuine interest for biotechnology or science-related fields is appreciated.
- Enthusiast about pitching, negotiating, and closing new business opportunities (please include a deal sheet with your application if available).
- Thoughtfully works and expands existing partnerships and relationships.
- Mobilizes a network of contacts in relevant markets.
- Knowledgeable about contractual terms and execution is preferred.
- Motivated and innovative in working towards Company’s goals.
- Passionate about collaboration and relationship-building skills. Fosters an inclusive and diverse culture.
- Cultivates an interest an ability in learning quickly, organizing and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiast about being a part of Ginkgo’s mission.
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.