Director of Business Development
As of Wednesday, July 29th, we are actively seeking to fill this position with the most qualified candidate as soon as possible. We will begin reviewing applications on Friday, July 31st, and will start scheduling interviews on Monday, August 3rd.
This position will be remote for the time being due to current health circumstances and we are only considering candidates in the NYC area and West Coast market. If you are applying and intending to relocate, please specify in your cover letter otherwise we will assume you are looking for remote outside of these areas and will not be considered.
About Stride Consulting
At our core, we are a learning culture who takes care of each other and acts with integrity. We are trusted technology partners with some of the biggest names revolutionizing the tech industry. From scaling startups to Fortune 500 companies, we help our clients reach their goals by providing collaborative high-end technical consulting, agile transformation, and product delivery.
Who you are
An entrepreneurial sales executive familiar with the demands of professional services sales roles, understands the tech industry intimately (especially locally), and will bring creative and proven approaches to selling intangible service solutions to the tech industry. You will proactively source, pursue and qualify across the tech industry sectors and across all of the firm’s professional service areas. These areas include software development, agile/XP consulting and IT consulting. You already have a strong network within the tech community – particularly with C-Suite Executives and decision-makers – and will be responsible for converting existing relationships and growing a new book of business for the firm.
You have a strong, enterprise-wide network that includes East and West Coast-focused tech industry contacts and exceptional selling skills to expand our client base in our regional markets.
You have a passion to learn software development and Agile/XP methodologies and are able to lead and navigate through complex and ambiguous situations. Operating with urgency and having relentless energy to improve and innovate, navigating through uncharted territory has made you successful.
As a part of the Leadership team at Stride, you will be leading business development strategy discussions with the leadership team to create and execute new client penetration plans. You'll have the unique opportunity to learn and train under the CEO and Co-founder herself, with ongoing mentorship. You will be part of a company that is deeply connected to the New York City tech community -- whose breadth and depth of relationship is rival to none-- affording you the opportunity to work for one company but impact many.
As the Director of Business Development, you will
- Develop and execute effective sales and marketing strategies to source and win new business within the tech community by leveraging your own and the Founder’s existing network, sourcing new clients, and winning first engagements
- Work with the COO and marketing team to manage overall Business Development process from pre to post-sales
- Lead business development strategy discussions with the leadership team to “systematize” client management and to create and execute client penetration plans
- Establish and develop high-level relationships with key decision-makers with prospects and existing clients (the ideal candidate will have previously developed relationships and a strong network of contacts within this space)
- Identify product improvements or new service products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitor growth as well as strategies for commercialization
- Meet sales expectations and deliver sales qualified leads (SQL)
Skills and competencies you’ve acquired
- 7+ years of prior business development and sales experience selling consulting engagements, software development or technology-based preferred
- 5+ years of prior experience working at a startup or early-stage company or product line
- Experience leading and collaborating pre-sales efforts to define technical solutions, assist with Scopes of Work and deliver proposals
- Exceptional leadership, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an outbound B2B closing role, including partnership in the sales process
- Exercise independent critical thinking and business insight with an emphasis on analytics and strategy to support opportunity identification and evaluation, negotiations, and decision-making
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to establish credibility and trust with internal and external partners, including at the executive level. This includes excellent verbal and written presentation and influence skills
Stride Consulting is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Stride Consulting is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.