Immuta was founded in 2015 based on a specific mission to build a platform that accelerates self-service access and control of sensitive data. Immuta’s award-winning automated data governance software platform creates trust across security, legal, compliance, and business teams so they can work together to ensure timely access to critical business data with minimal risks. Our automated, scalable, no code approach makes it easy for users to access the data they need, when they need it, while protecting sensitive data and ensuring their customers’ privacy.
Our Mission is clear. Enable the legal and ethical use of data. How we approach this mission is also clear!
We are mission focused. Born out of a government mission, we understand why data is about more than just analytics - it also represents our values. Our mission is to enable the legal and ethical use of data, ensuring that data is accessible to only those who need it, for the right reasons, and in the proper form.
We are humble intellects. We are experts in privacy, ethics, law, and engineering. But true expertise requires constant change - to always learn and to always adapt. And that means we excel as students and as teachers. We have something to learn from everyone, at any time, in any place.
We are independent achievers. We don’t need guidance to get things done, yet we know when to ask for help. We accomplish our mission while upholding our values, whatever it takes.
We are helpful and caring. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect and consideration of our peers, acting with empathy, honesty, transparency, and integrity.
Immuta is experiencing exceptional growth in our Public Sector business, and we have an immediate need for a Federal Civilian Business Development Director to be a part of our quickly growing team. As the Federal Civilian Business Development Director, you will work with our Public Sector VP, Public Sector Field CTO, and technical team to identify, qualify, and close new business opportunities and expand the Public Sector pipeline. You will be at the forefront of engagement with our Federal Civilian customers and partners, gathering new insights from this important customer set to be fed back into our Product and Customer Success teams. Most importantly, you will work with our customers to define and solve their data governance problems using our one-of-a-kind data science solution.
The Federal Civilian Business Development Director will lead all sales, business development, lead generation, marketing, partner relationships, and channel recruitment and development within the Federal Civilian market. Your goal will be to maximize bookings, revenue, installed base, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction. You will manage all sales related and business development activities within the Federal Civilian space, to include early opportunity identification, RFI/RFQ/RFP responses, partnership engagement, and contract closure. You will have refined interpersonal and verbal communication skills, a genuine interest in our customers’ missions and problem sets, and a desire to help the Public Sector team build our brand, close business and successfully integrate Immuta. Your proven experience and track record in the Federal Civilian space is necessary to simply, accurately, and articulately lead all aspects of the business development cycle.
- Sales and Opportunity Generation across many, varied pursuits in different stages of the BD lifecycle
- Leverage previous experience and existing relationships to create and close business opportunities for Immuta
- Direct business development and lead generation activities in order to exponentially grow the Federal Civilian opportunity pipeline
- Work with the Immuta Partners and Alliances team to manage Immuta resellers and partnerships in the Federal Civilian space
- Track and maintain leads, opportunity pipeline, contacts, and forecasting via Salesforce
- Participate in company sponsored marketing events
- Coordinate and leverage Immuta Solution Architect and Public Sector technical team in order to maximize Immuta’s business and build customer engagement
- Work with minimal direction, set priorities that align with the P&L and overall company strategy, and maintain focus and commitment throughout the process and life cycle
- 8+ years of customer facing sales experience within the Public Sector, ideally within the Federal Civilian market. Additional experience in other parts of the federal government is a plus.
- Successful experience working in large and small/start-up companies
- Successful track record of introducing new products or services into the Federal Civilian market
- Successful track record of presenting and positioning software offerings directly to end customers and via partners and resellers
- Successful experience managing a partner ecosystemStrong data analysis skills and a strong understanding of data management within the Federal Civilian market.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, visual, and verbal.
- Comfortable presenting to executives, highly technical engineers, and large audiences.
- Multi-tasking capability, critical thinking skills, and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities.
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the big picture / connect the dots
- Willingness to travel regularly within the local DC/MD/VA area to customer and partner sites.
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.