Multiverse is a tech startup on a mission. We’re tearing down a broken system and building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training.
Our professional apprenticeships open up many career opportunities for young adults and those looking to upskill – all while helping businesses embrace digital transformation and build a truly diverse talent pipeline.
At Multiverse, we measure potential beyond academic results. Working closely with community partners, we can reach candidates from underrepresented backgrounds – building a route to boardroom for a diverse group of future leaders.
Already one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, we recently landed in the US too. Now working with more than 300 companies – including Facebook, Morgan Stanley and Microsoft – we’re looking for fresh talent to take us to the next level.
Here, you’ll be part of something bigger. Unlocking opportunities for all, you’ll help solve some of society’s most pressing issues, be empowered by those around you, and never stop growing your skills.
The Multiverse community provides transformational experiences that enable members to build life-long, personal and professional connections and access opportunities to develop skills and realise their potential as part of a culture of life-long learning and commitment to growth.
The online community (the Hub) is where our members can sign up to events and development programmes, meet other apprentices, access articles and event recordings, and access exclusive Multiverse benefits. It’s the central pillar that connects our global community and essential to our success. We know that when apprentices are regularly engaged with the community they are happier, more satisfied and more successful on programme so our community is critical to the Multiverse experience.
The best communities are where each member cares about the success of other members. Whilst we’ve started down this path in building the behavioural social norms required within our community to make this our reality, we’re still at the start of that journey. We’re looking for a Director of Belonging and Experience to help us deliver on our mission to provide a transformational apprenticeship experience to every Multiverse apprentice. With an aim to have the most supportive community of learners in the world, the Director of Belonging and Experience will shape and drive our priorities to:
- Create a community of apprentices and alumni that genuinely care about each other’s success and work in a system of reciprocal support
- Build a deep sense of belonging to the community based on foundations of trust in Multiverse and each other
- Offer a community experience that is highly engaging and supportive for all apprentices and alumni to drive apprentice success and advocacy
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play a key part in shaping our community experience and setting the course for the future at a point of explosive growth for Multiverse. Our community is forecast to grow 3x this year from 3000 to over 9000 members who are either Multiverse apprentices or Multiverse alumni. You would be joining a team of talented community builders with specialist skills in events, partnerships, development programmes and platform management. Our aim is to create a community experience that rivals that of the best universities to make apprenticeships a truly credible alternative choice.
- Bringing world-class experience and leadership in community building, to bear in a practical way, to build and maintain a world-class member experience that scales and achieves consistent results in; engaging the community, creating a deep sense of belonging, a shared identity amongst members and a reciprocal support system.
- Being a great leader; you and your team are focused on and responsible for member communications, experience design, building our alumni community, apprentice-led activity, increasing member connection and shared identity, developing rituals and moments that create shared experience, regional relations and community operations
- Proposing and managing relevant budgets and resources
- Overseeing member experience, both through managing others and in a hands-on way; knowing the details and data behind what gets results in engaging the community, and focusing resources in the right way to achieve excellence.
- Implementing a strategic, data-driven approach to optimizing member experience to ensure we’re responding to the needs of our members.
- Overseeing the work to define how we communicate with members, gather data and derive insights to inform future developments in the community offer.
- Effectively representing the work of the Belonging and Experience team to other parts of the business, and ensuring effective interfaces with other teams
- Ensuring that community engagement results in new connections, new skills, a shared identity and sense of belonging for our members.
- Collecting and acting on data and feedback ongoing, including from coaches, apprentices, and line managers, to drive improvements and support rapid iteration of the member experience.
- Develop existing team and grow team capacity to meet the needs of our fast-growing community in line with community team and Multiverse culture
- You have deep experience (at least 8 years) scaling highly engaged communities that are majority online with elements of in-person activity and evidence of your success in scaling them. You might previously of held roles as a user experience designer or service designer in an organisation focussed on community, education or skill development that drove habitual engagement and built trust.
- You have a love for community growth theory and evidence of successfully putting it into practise.
- You can articulate what makes a community successful because you have built and delivered it, you have a track record of strong performance and contribution to the growth of a global community.
- You have a keen interest and deep understanding of behavioural psychology of communities and know how to harness members' need to create habitual engagement to their benefit.
- You are an advocate of the power of community, that we go further together and that a strong community can equalise social equity.
- You have expertise in data and insight and are able to direct specialists to
- Work with data and research to mine insight to understand member needs, mindset and behaviours,
- Map apprentice journeys including moments of truth, pain and gain points
- You have a background in communications; you have solid understanding of communications channels, audience segmentation and CRM tools, you love to get your hands dirty in comms strategy development; you are happy to coach your team, as well as get into the weeds to understand things
- You understand the value of the alumni community and can direct a small team of alumni specialists to design alumni member experience reflecting that of the apprentice community.
- You are strategic and commercial - you are intensely curious about and will find data to back: what our members want and need, what makes our community unique or better and whether our hypotheses are correct. You care deeply about our members' long-term outcomes and the role our community has to play in them.
- You have led a team with a diverse range of responsibilities and skills - you can switch context quickly and join the dots even faster.
- You have an eye for good experience design and high standards to match.
- You love data; you create hypotheses but always look to data as the source of truth
- You can communicate complicated concepts clearly
- You’re highly collaborative - this role will involve working with teams across the business and very closely with senior leaders in the community team.
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with monthly office visits to MV London or New York
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently