Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking for an ambitious and collaborative Director of Content Marketing & Communications to join our team. This role reports into the SVP of Marketing and will be responsible for setting the strategy and overseeing the execution of multichannel campaigns, content marketing, PR & analyst relations. The ideal candidate for this role has past experience in a B2B setting and can apply those skills to strengthen Attentive’s brand position in the market and exceed business goals.
- Conceptualize and execute brand-building marketing communications campaigns– with a focus on strengthening top-of-funnel awareness, generating qualified leads, and accelerating the sales pipeline.
- Manage a robust content calendar that includes all external-facing communications, timing, and ownership across different team members, while ensuring consistent application of our verbal and visual brand identity.
- Oversee the production of various cross-functional content initiatives to engage and educate our customers, prospects, and partners at every step of the purchase funnel.
- Closely edit and advise on direction of the work of team members (this role will oversee a team of 5 marketers) on a wide variety of content including blog posts, social copy, whitepapers, social copy, press releases, event abstracts and speaking points, deck presentations, and more.
- Develop and execute a proactive PR/AR communications strategy focused on expanding our thought leadership impact with industry trade publications, business news, and leading technology analysts. Respond to inbound press requests and support leadership on media opportunities and messaging.
- Collaborate with the Events team in defining the goals and themes of speaking engagements, and writing abstracts/key points as needed.
Skills & Requirements
- 7-10+ years B2B marketing experience, with focus on content and communications
- 3+ years people management experience
- SaaS industry experience is required, plus genuine interest in marketing technology
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality who is excited to contribute more than strategy to the team
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement.
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap.
- Excellent team off-sites, regular company-wide social events.
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it. Values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.