What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our team members and power their growth through challenging them every day and offering inspiring careers. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
The Analytics team at OnDeck not only uses Big Data to make OnDeck smarter in various spheres like Sales, Marketing, Underwriting, etc. but also builds tools, systems & platforms to use data effectively & make a significant positive impact on the business. We welcome out-of-the-box thinking, resourcefulness and desire to innovate directed toward helping the company become an absolute leader in online loans to small businesses.
This position will be part of the Credit Analytics team at OnDeck, which is responsible for the development of the OnDeck Score, our proprietary credit risk scorecard, as well as a suite of underwriting algorithms that help OnDeck efficiently allocate capital to its Small Business customers. The team is at the center of company-wide initiatives to deliver sustainable growth and support prudent risk management. This role will focus on some of our biggest areas of growth; international and strategic platform partnerships.
As the Director for Credit Special Projects, you will:
- Work with our business development and modeling teams to deliver credit solutions that help unlock the value of our strategic partners’ data on small businesses.
- Work with our country managers in Australia and Canada to manage our international credit portfolio and assist with potential expansion into additional markets.
- Build relationships with the business and risk management teams of various bank and SME service providers that we partner with
- Build and maintain a variety of models that use non-traditional data to help us better understand the creditworthiness of small businesses and their likelihood to apply for a loan.
- Establish credit policies and underwriting algorithms that deliver sustainable revenue growth, stable loss rates, and an enhanced customer experience
- Ensure that strategic partner credit policies deliver a consistent customer experience while also meeting all standards set by OnDeck’s Risk, Compliance, and Finance teams
- Communicate the impact of policy changes to key internal and external stakeholders by forecasting their impact on KPIs
- Provide business and technical insight into the design requirements of a technology platform that enables OnDeck to securely access and evaluate proprietary third-party data sets
- Nurture strong partner relationships with a variety of external firms that have chosen to integrate with OnDeck’s industry-leading online lending platform
Qualifications for success:
- You have 7+ years in a modeling, credit risk, or product management role at a large scale commercial lender, a consumer / SMB credit card company
- Management or Strategy consulting experience is a strong plus
- You have experience managing several statistical modeling projects at once with a team of analysts and data scientists
- You have a strong background in financial modeling, portfolio monitoring, and analytics
- You have excellent communications skills and ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences
- You have in-depth knowledge of credit fundamentals (Debt Service, Cash Flow Analysis, Risk Scorecards, etc.)
- You have familiarity with using R or Python for model development, feature engineering, and analyzing time series data
- Previous People Management experience desired
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck stats & in the news:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**