Helix is empowering every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe in a world where every person benefits from their biological information and is able to help all of humanity lead better lives. To do this, we're building a diverse ecosystem of high-quality content partners in areas like Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Family, Genealogy and Lifestyle.
The Director of Customer Care is a self starter, entrepreneurial and innovative leader who will have the opportunity to build our Customer Care function from the ground up. This will include working in the trenches answering tickets as s/he will hire and train the first few customer care representatives, thinking strategically on how to set up a world class innovative customer care organization selecting tools, systems, channels and processes, setting the vision, direction and culture of the team, and scaling to a global serving organization.
- Willing to work in the trenches during our pre-launch phase and using that experience to properly staff and develop the tools needed to run support successfully and effectively.
- Proactive in hiring and training customer care representatives.
- Provide proactive customer follow-up and issue management, including coordination of customer calls.
- Develop relationships with problem customers and strengthen existing relationships.
- Ensure knowledge base, and other customer resources are actively managed and updated.
- Ensure that critical customer issues are driven to closure in a structured and timely manner and are well coordinated with relevant internal and partner teams.
- Act as the key escalation executive for the customer for all service and support related issues.
- Be the Voice of the Customer within Helix, driving a culture of customer first within the entire organization.
- Spearhead customer success initiatives and innovations
- Continually evaluate, alter and improve the customer service function to respond to changing needs of the organization, new products, new business, individual initiatives and other activities that make a positive impact.
Customer care skills
- Enjoy interacting with and can empathize with customers, and a true passion for helping resolve customer support issues.
- Understand the importance of customer service and apply their interest in customer support with a tactical mindset to help resolve customer issues.
- Highly organized and won’t let issues slip through the cracks
- Comfortable working with product, engineering, and other customer-touching teams in order to achieve customer success.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Genuine passion and commitment to providing superior customer service
- Create and monitor Key Performance Indicators that reflect successful execution of strategic initiatives, and day to day operations.
Leadership / Management skills
- Ownership / entrepreneurial mindset and approach.
- Lead the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Planning and scheduling to ensure sufficient coverage on the help desk.
- Direct all day-to-day functions among the teams to ensure effective, quality service delivery to customers and partners.
- Mentorship of team for enhanced customer care and professional growth.
- Build the culture, processes, and tools to drive a remarkable customer experience. Creates a culture of innovation and accountability for customer outcomes.
- Lead, recruit, develop and retains a strong team. Ensures a productive work environment where employees can do their best work. Provide employees long term career progression.
- The ideal candidate has built a B2C customer care group from zero at an innovative company who puts their customers first, going beyond the traditional email/phone support.
- A total of at least 5-10 years of previous experience in leading teams and setting strategies and executing on them at high growth companies.
- Must have excellent communication, leadership, management development, team-building, and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university preferred.
- Experience working for a startup preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi task, think quickly under pressure and ability to influence thinking and build relationships.