Harry's, Inc. is focused on one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we provide exceptional shaving products direct to our customers through the Harry’s brand (www.harrys.com) along with products sold in stores as their own brands throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
People deserve quality products and experiences, which is why in January of 2014 we bought our German factory and became the only vertically integrated shaving brand – consolidating the company into Harry's, Inc. Being vertically integrated allows us to have better, more direct, relationships with our customers so that we can continue to provide better products and experiences for them. We are eager to add talented people and are looking to bring amazing people together to help us change the world, one 5-o-clock shadow at a time.
At Harry’s, our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of consumers is key to driving our business strategy and Consumer Insights is central to making that happen.
We are looking for a Director of Consumer Insights to take insights to the next level at Harry’s. You will be responsible for developing & growing a leading-edge insights team that supports the diverse needs of our business across channels and geographies. You will act as a thought partner to peers across the Harry’s team provide customer-driven perspectives to move the business forward.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Build out a best-in-class Insights function. Set the insights agenda and help develop the Insights team and capabilities to support the full needs of the business as we scale.
- Help the team to deepen our understanding of the Harry’s customer (attitudes, behaviors, values) to continue to improve the customer experience by segment and across the customer journey.
- Define permissions to play for the brand that help inform ever stronger brand campaigns.
- Work in partnership with R&D to build a long term product / portfolio strategy that works for our customers and our business.
- Define the strategic approach for pricing and merchandising.
- Lead the development of the current and future insights roadmap
- Manage and help develop the existing Consumer Insights Team
This might describe you:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10+ years of direct consumer insights experience. Insight experience within a CPG company a plus.
- An experienced manager
- A diverse insights toolkit (experience with both qualitative & quantitative techniques)
- Experience driving insights into creative and brand communications.
Characteristics/Traits we are looking for:
- A passion and natural talent for coaching. Takes pride in teaching others what they learn.
- A champion for insights. Someone who fosters strong relationships across the organization and sets up Insights as a valued partner with a seat at the table.
- Deeply insightful, always pushing to ask 2nd, 3rd, 4th order questions to find differentiated insights from data and research.
- Ability to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand. Inspires others with your words.
- A highly dynamic thinker. Someone who can push insights and drive them into original ideas, while also being a structured, analytical problem solver.
- Strong understanding of business operations and passion to play a business role. A demonstrated ability to drive insights into business impact.
- Ability to be scrappy and creative with resources to maximize business impact. Not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do work themselves when it makes sense.
- A life-long learner with an innate curiosity (always asking “why”). Someone who will challenge conventional wisdom to find the right answer
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders and impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight