Welcome to Redbubble
As the world's largest marketplace for independent artists, our purpose is to create and inspire new ways of experiencing connection and a sense of belonging for every person. From everyday things, to the very thing, we connect people to millions of designs on any product, on demand.
We get up everyday to bring more creativity into the world, and we do so by supporting the needs of customers and artists around the world. In this role you will be leading the support function for a global marketplace with a hybrid internal and outsourced team supporting artists, their customers, and third party fulfillers participating in the Redbubble Marketplace. The Director of Customer Support Operations will own development and implementation of CS strategies to continuously improve artist and customer experience. This includes improving performance speed, cost, effectiveness, quality, as well as improving policies and implementing or improving support channel. Reporting into our Chief Supply Chain Officer you'll lead a team of customer success professionals.
- Own Redbubble’s Customer Support (CS) strategy and operations, creating a world-class customer experience at scale across the Redbubble marketplace.
- Manage the relationship with and performance of a global CS outsource provider. This includes labor planning, setting and meeting key performance metrics, training development, budgeting, and continuous improvement.
- Manage the performance of our outsourced support team across key performance metrics to ensure a consistent and positive support experience for customers, artists, and fulfillers engaging with the Redbubble Marketplace
- Define and plan departmental OKRs in alignment with business goals, then develop and execute on plans to deliver results.
- Oversee a comprehensive department budget including internal and external staffing and software to ensure costs are in alignment with financial targets
- Lead and develop an internal team who are overseeing the day to day performance of our outsourced support provider, developing processes and policies, executing process improvement projects, and handling escalations.
- Partner cross functionally with Supply Chain, Product Management, Marketing, Finance, and Quality teams to provide timely customer insights and drive improvements that reduce contact rate and improve artist and customer experience.
- Optimize workflows, processes, and technologies to improve efficiency and productivity within customer support.
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in customer support management roles, preferably for e-commerce, retail, or marketplace businesses
- Demonstrated experience delivering consistent operational results leading multi-channel, multilingual support operations
- Experience managing BPO relationships, especially in nearshore/offshore locations
- Experience with Customer Support software such as Zendesk, Zoom Virtual Assistant, and Verint
- A strong leadership toolkit: hiring, support and advocacy, coaching & development
- Analytical mindset with an ability to quickly grasp a rapidly changing business landscape
- Strong advocacy for customers and artists. Ability to influence business leadership and drive change to improve the customer experience across multiple functions.
- Data driven decision making and analytical skills
- Experience with print-on-demand or marketplaces (desirable)
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork, and exceptional customer and artist experience
What We Offer:
- A high trust culture based on mutual respect
- Exposure to independent artists
- Flexible working arrangements
- Personalised career planning
- Opportunity to work in a global organisation
- Equity in your package
- Monthly Wellness allowance
- Vouchers and discounts from our Redbubble website
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits are offered for employees and dependents at little or no cost to the employee.
- Retirement Savings (401k) matching. 100% of employee contribution up to 5% of salary.
- FSA available for all employees.
We’re creatively inspired commerce. And that inspiration starts with you. With your drive for progress over perfection and your courage to come together in celebration of creativity over convention. You’re inspired by art and those who make it, and we’re inspired by you.
Life at Redbubble
Redbubble is a place where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work and to always value creativity and compassion above all else. Having the courage to take risks, speak up, ask for help, and connect with others, is how we accomplish more together.
In the same way that we are deeply committed to unlocking infinite opportunities for artists, their customers and the fulfillers, we are dedicated to providing a truly trusting workplace where you can grow, thrive and boldly aim higher than you previously thought possible.
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees relative to the San Francisco City market, regardless of their location. In pursuit of pay equity and fairness, the starting annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $165-173k. The final offer may be determined by a number of non discriminatory factors, including experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. All employees may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as stock-based compensation, which are awarded to employees annually, subject to board discretion.