InfluxData is looking for an experienced and talented leader of demand generation to join our rapidly growing marketing team. This is a high-impact, results-oriented role, where you will work in a collaborative team setting. You will be responsible for targeting, acquiring, new registered developers interested in InfluxDB offerings, ranging from InfluxDB Cloud to InfluxDB Enterprise, and spanning self-service pay-as-you-go customers to large Fortune 500 enterprise organizations.
Your purview will extend from targeting and initial contact with developers to evaluating and improving offers and nurture campaigns. You will work closely with sales, engineering, and product marketing to create, curate, engage in our demand generation effort. You will also work closely with the data analytics team to implement a data-driven approach to our campaigns, and demand generation efforts at large. In this role you and your team will not only run recurring programs, but experiment with new approaches, tools, and develop a methodology for experimentation, observation, and action in our go-to-market process.
- Contribute to our high performance demand generation engine, delivering on our key quarterly metrics
- Create and execute demand gen and field programs that build and accelerate the pipeline. Make use of and draw upon webinars, white papers, email marketing, direct mail, content syndication, conferences, events, meetups, partner events, InfluxDays and other hosted events
- Evaluate and improve email marketing campaigns, nurture programs to developers, both under the operator and builder personas. Own and monitor campaign and channel effectiveness and regularly triage all stages of the funnel to uncover opportunities for optimization
- Work closely with our analytics team - make use of our internal data analytics platform to derive insights, look for signals, provide context and prompt for decisions and action
- Work closely with our growth team – articulate the personas and segments we target in our demand gen programs; make use of the educational & explanatory content they produce, and understand how customers progress through stages of engagement with our products
- Work closely with our sales team - understand the early to late stages of deal-making, steer demand gen activities and campaigns toward the GTM teams and process design to support them, and provide visibility into the pipeline generated from our funnel of registered developers.
- Work closely with our partner team - understand the programs available, plan and allocate budget for specific programs, incorporate partner programs into our overall demand generation effort
- Analyze and share results in regular cadence with company leadership
- 8+ years of experience in marketing with campaign budget and/or pipeline responsibility
- Experience in demand generation, ideally at an enterprise software or SaaS company
- Experience in developer marketing is a bonus
- Deep understanding of sales pipeline, key drivers, and the role that marketing plays at each stage of the buyer and customer journeys
- Highly results-oriented with a track record of demand generation and field marketing success
- Ability to think strategically and roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Executional excellence: able to consistently deliver on time and under budget
- Expertise in, or ability to quickly learn, platforms and tools used in our demand generation effort; Extensive experience with tactics in the marketing mix, including hands-on experience with key tooling and marketing software such as Marketo, Drift, Salesforce, 6sense, and more.
- High energy individual with ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast-pace environment
- Be an agent of change within the InfluxDB ecosystem - helping the organization remain as data-focused as possible.
- Build a team over time
Why do we want you? Because you have
- A passion for open source
- A self-starter attitude who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative developer services company
- Experience being the voice of the product to the entire marketing team, product management and executive organization
It's an exciting time to join the InfluxData team, and if you are looking for an opportunity to have a lasting impact on a growing team, we hope you'll take the time to learn more about this opportunity!
Company Overview: InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.