Director of Development
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is looking for someone to join the development team responsible for our IP and talent. We're looking for this person to be super knowledgeable and curious about traditional entertainment development and business models. Reporting to the Head of Development, the ideal candidate will have experience and past success in packaging and selling entertainment projects.
- Work across multiple divisions within BuzzFeed, including in-house talent, to develop valuable formats, franchises and IP
- Constantly cultivate relationships with prospective buyers in digital and traditional entertainment
- Drive the packaging and pitch process to buyers
- Develop library of ideas that are in line with BuzzFeed’s strategic goals
- Hit projected revenue goals for production sales
- A vast network of contacts across the entertainment industry
- A verifiable track record of project sales
- Experience across digital, TV and film
- Ability to work in small teams as well as work independently
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.