The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for someone to join our People Team and lead Diversity & Inclusion. The primary responsibility of the role is to support the firm’s strategic business objectives in the context of D&I; develop tailored long range and annual D&I strategies; and, implement firm-wide inclusion policies, programs, and processes while mitigating risks and evaluating effectiveness, all while ensuring we live our core value - 'Embrace The Power of Differences'. The role serves as a strategic partner to senior business leaders and is looked to for delivering innovative D&I support services. This role is essential to MongoDB and carries influence at all levels within the firm to optimally advance diversity & inclusion goals related to talent, business and culture imperatives. This role reports to our Chief People Officer.
Your primary responsibilities will include
- Develop and execute measurable, short and long term, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategies to support the firm’s strategic business goals and transformation efforts
- Create and execute communications and change management strategies to increase D&I awareness among all colleagues
- Create an external-facing D&I strategy that supports key stakeholder relationships and talent pipelining
- Identify and partner with key organizations to build the firm’s employer brand and market the firm’s employee value proposition within diverse communities
- Partner with L&D to develop a contemporary, comprehensive, best in class D&I learning and development strategy from foundational to advanced levels for all colleagues
- Work with senior leaders to align the D&I strategy with leadership development and talent management initiatives to strengthen executives’ D&I acuity
- Partner with HRBPs to develop and implement D&I strategies for their respective business/function
- Partner with the Global Head of Talent Acquisition to implement effective diversity sourcing and recruiting strategies at all levels.
- Support annual diversity goal setting with Talent Management
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking for best-in-class, data-driven D&I practices
- In addition to exhibiting strong communication, influencing, and problem-solving skills you will have a real passion and deep personal commitment to diversity and inclusion, and an ability to inspire and engage others
- 10+ years of business experience and 5 years of domain experience in Diversity & Inclusion
- Demonstrated experience leading and driving successful D&I efforts in a highly matrixed environment in the Americas; global experience a plus; HRBP experience in a technical environment a plus
- Advanced knowledge of diversity, inclusion, cultural competencies and equity strategies with demonstrated experience innovating and crafting creative solutions that address key business challenges and opportunities
- Strong capability to build key relationships and influence at all levels of the firm – especially at the executive level - collaborating and effectively advancing diversity and inclusion goals related to talent, business and culture imperatives
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and maximizing data and insights to drive awareness, decision-making and actions that bolster our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Someone who thrives in a global, fast-paced environment with a great sense of collaboration to successfully drive and deliver on key initiatives and projects. Must demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness when asked to quickly pivot based on changing needs and priorities of the business and our leaders
- Knowledge of global laws and regulations related to equal employment opportunity
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.