Ready to roll up your sleeves and help us conquer the last frontier of fintech? At Xpanse, we are working to disrupt an $11 trillion industry. Yep, you read that right - $11 trillion with a “t”. If the US mortgage industry was its own sovereign nation, it would be the third largest in the world by GDP.
Suffice to say, we are building to scale. What are we building? Our SaaS platform will power the mortgage industry and its relationships with the tens of thousands of third-party providers that are integral to the mortgage process. Leveraging automation, real-time intelligence, big data, and analytics we are changing the way borrowers, lenders, servicers, and service providers take care of business.
As Director of Engineering, you will lead and grow our high-performance engineering teams in this mission to disrupt the industry. You’ll report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with PM and Design to craft the technical vision.
- lead the technical vision and ensure excellent technical and architectural decision-making
- be a key contributor to roadmap planning and product definition
- review and consult on code and architecture decisions
- mentor, develop and guide your engineers to execute at their highest abilities and grow to levels beyond their expectations
- together with the talent team, recruit and hire diverse, world-class engineering talent with effective hiring strategies
- plan team growth based on company objectives
- a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- at least 10+ years in the software industry, including proven solid experience as an engineering people manager and several years of hands-on software engineering experience (building and shipping enterprise products)
- fluent in any modern programming language, development stacks, orchestration frameworks, cloud-based platforms and microservice frameworks; front-end development experience
- Fintech, B2B/B2B2C technology, or start-up company experience; or you believe you'll excel in a startup environment (high ambiguity, fast-paced and large area of responsibility).
- experience in building SaaS services
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xpanse is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.