b_labs is the transformation and digitization arm of B.TECH, on a mission to change the industry as we know it. We spearhead tech innovation at B.TECH, an organization that has been a cornerstone of the Egyptian retail industry. We are the engine powering B.TECH in achieving its goal of becoming the leading omni-channel platform for consumer electronics and appliances in Egypt. By joining b labs, you will get to benefit from a collaborative startup environment, while also enjoying the stability of working within a company that has achieved strong growth year after year. You will be part of a visionary, customer-focused team with an ambitious mission--to become a trailblazer for digital retail within the Middle East.
- Collaborating with Engineering Managers and Product Managers to define features and requirements: You will work closely with the Engineering and Product Managers to understand the business goals, technical requirements, and customer needs of the company. You will use this information to translate the requirements into actionable tasks for the product development and delivery team. This will be done through technical product roadmaps that help the team to prioritise features.
- Prioritising features: You will prioritise features to ensure that the team's efforts are aligned with the overall technological strategy of the company. You will work with the other Tech Leaders (Chief Technology Officer, Chief Product Officer) to ensure that the company's technology solutions are meeting the needs of the business.
- Driving the team's engineering practices: You will drive the team's engineering practices in test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. This includes setting standards for code quality, testing, and deployment.
- Coaching the team: You will lead by example and drive a hands-on mentality. You will actively coach the team to solve complex problems, develop their skills, and foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Leading cross-disciplinary teams: You will have experience in leading cross-disciplinary teams, developing a clear vision and mission for the team, and establishing a safe, collaborative, growth-focused, purposeful, values-driven, and diverse company culture across all organisational levels.
Overall, you will be responsible for ensuring that the company's technology solutions are meeting the needs of the business and the customers. You will drive the team's engineering practices, prioritise features, and establish a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. You will be a key leader in the company and will work closely with other Tech Leaders to achieve the company's goals.
- Relevant education or work experience: You have a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a technical leader: You have at least 8 years of experience as a seasoned developer or technical lead, with deep insight into the newest technologies and trends, and have at least 3 years of experience as a people leader.
- Expertise in development and BizDevOps operating models: You are a development expert with deep insights into the newest BizDevOps operating models and tech stacks. You are able to evaluate and articulate MAKE features vs. BUY of standard applications and help make the right technology selection decisions.
- Retail industry experience: You have relevant retail industry experience with an online and omni-channel focus. This means that you have an understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities associated with digital retail.
- Cloud technology expertise: You have deep knowledge in cloud technologies and expertise in Azure. This means that you have experience in developing and deploying cloud-native applications.
- E-commerce experience: You have experience in developing end-to-end e-commerce solutions. This means that you understand the complexities involved in building a complete e-commerce platform, from the front-end user interface to the back-end data architecture.
- Scalable application development experience: You have a track record in building scalable cloud-native applications, including data engineering and BizDevSecOps. This means that you understand how to build applications that can scale to meet the needs of a growing company.
Overall, we're looking for a candidate who has a combination of technical expertise, leadership experience, and industry knowledge. You should have experience in developing and deploying cloud-native applications, building e-commerce solutions, and leading cross-disciplinary teams. You should also have a deep understanding of the newest technologies and trends, as well as experience in evaluating and selecting the right technologies for the company's needs.
Office environment: When you come to our b_labs office, you'll find creative workspaces, a well-equipped kitchen, and an open design to foster collaboration between teams.
Education budget: We believe the learning journey never ends, therefore you will be entitled to an annual education budget to take part in trainings, courses or onsite conferences of your choice.
Flexibility: You know best whether you want to work from home or in the office. However, if you want to join your teammates onsite, we will subsidize the costs for lunch to foster the b_labs office community
Mobility package: When you are joining the b_labs office, we will subsidize your mobility expenses for public transport.
Equipment: From "Day 1" you will receive all the equipment you need be successful at work. Therefore, you can choose your laptop and get all the tools you need to stay on top of your game.