Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
As Director of Engineering you will be responsible for the engineering teams in the Cobalt’s Growth Experience product domain. This is a highly collaborative role where you’ll work directly with Product, Sales and Marketing, understand the GTM needs and provide the technological support for:
- establishing a better brand awareness
- attracting and qualifying prospects
- building the best possible prospect experience that ultimately leads them to become Cobalt customers with a high conversion rate and low acquisition costs
In addition you will establish and continuously evolve the technological foundations for Cobalt’s referral and reseller partners program. You will be building strong and healthy cross-functional teams that drive software development excellence and innovation in a fast paced agile environment. The results of your work will be directly correlated to the business success of Cobalt.
What You Would Do
Represent Engineering during strategic planning in the areas of customer acquisition (e.g. by product-led growth) and revenue partnerships.
- Own the engineering execution plan and deliverables for your teams.
- Forecast the engineering talent needs based on strategic expectations and deliverables. Follow up with a hiring plan and execute on it in a timely manner.
- Work with cross-functional teams, drive clarity and results.
You Must Have
- 4+ years of engineering management and 10+ years of industry experience (experience in customer acquisition and partnerships is considered a plus)
- Demonstrated experience as a strategic thinker
- Proficient English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented team
- Consistent track record of building successful engineering teams
- Consistent track record of delivering high-quality software in a timely manner
- Willingness to work in a remote-first environment where your teams might operate from different time zones (remote management experience is considered a plus)
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & equity plan
- Flexible time-off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid parental leave
- Ongoing mentorship opportunities & management coaching
- Stipends for wellness work-from-home and learning & development
- Paid lunches 3x per week
- 401(k) to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance policies (US only)