Bounteous is looking for a Director of Experience Design to join our fast-growing design practice. This role is ideal for a dynamic and impassioned Experience Design veteran focused on furthering sound Experience Design principles in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal director is a naturally engaging storyteller and mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver incredible, user-centered, award-winning experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the establishment of Experience Design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Deft familiarity and expertise in Experience Design activities and deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, personas, experience strategy documentation, and process flows.
- Act as a leader and mentor in project work: create high-quality deliverables, facilitate client discussions and content workshops, lead critiques, and coach fellow experience designers.
- Direct and conduct and user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high-level staffing plans.
- Support project managers to schedule experience design and research activities and deliverables within a project.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Ability to balance several initiatives simultaneously.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high level staffing plans.
- Coach and mentor staff to guide personal and professional growth.
- Work with senior XD leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Experience Design team.
- Stay informed of Experience Design best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local Experience Design community.
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers.
- At least 6 years of experience as a UX professional
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years experience mentoring and managing a team of direct reports
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating and leading workshops, and synthesizing data into actionable projects across programs
- Experience connecting Experience Design work to user, business, and brand value
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for Experience Design within blended teams
- Experience in leading user research and testing, including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to lead and create Experience Design deliverables and activities with no oversight
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Experience in estimating, planning, and staffing project work
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
- In depth knowledge of design and presentation software, specifically: Sketch, InVision, Miro, remote user testing tools, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office products
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, or similar presentation tools
- Excellent communicator with all levels of leadership, management, and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Superior presentation skills, with a flexible ability to deliver key messages through stories and writing in multiple contexts
- Excellent listener and writer with a passion for Experience Design
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.