MIRROR is the world's first nearly invisible home gym featuring live and on-demand fitness classes in a variety of workout genres, and 1:1 personal training. MIRROR is creating a new category of in-home fitness with cutting-edge hardware, responsive software, and best-in-class content that transforms any room into a complete home gym. For the first time, the essential components of a great studio workout--variety, personalization, and community--are brought to the most convenient place: the home.
MIRROR was founded by Harvard grad Brynn Putnam, creator of Refine Method, named "New York's Smartest Workout." We recently joined the lululemon family, operating as an independent entity, and now have the resources of a public, global company behind us. We're an inclusive space for all identities and are committed to keeping that foundation intact as we grow. If you're eager to make an impact in a quickly growing business, we want to hear more from you!
The Role & You
You are a technical person who will be the main quality contact for our factories and suppliers. You should be competent in all of the manufacturing processes required to produce our product including metal and glass fabrication, SMT manufacturing, final assembly, and you will be responsible for instilling rigor and quality into the manufacturing process. You will also advocate for the needs of the factory to the broader internal team to ensure that production attainment is met, and we have sufficient capacity for growth.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Customer Quality to identify and address manufacturing and supplier related quality issues and implement appropriate countermeasures or other ECNs.
- Reviewing OOBA, quality loss metrics, FAT trends, and factory RCA’s and calling BS on effort and output.
- Co-develop and monitor a preventative maintenance, World Class Manufacturing (WCM), or other Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) with each factory being onsite as often as needed (Post Covid).
- Ensuring consistency in assembly instructions, quality standards, and material disposition across factories.
- Leading and determining PPAP for new products, components, and suppliers.
- Reporting on factory attainment, quality losses, and rework at each factory.
- Being the primary POC for NPI, quality investigations, and cost down projects.
- Designing and validating testing protocols with the factories at different stages of production.
You should be experienced enough in quality engineering, manufacturing, and systems thinking to step in and make an impact from day one and to support our holiday build. Even though you’re working with teams across several sites, you’re expected to forge strong relationships and to understand what is going on in each one despite not being physically present all the time.
Your success in this role will primarily be measured on the following Metrics:
- Direction of overall quality trends and elimination of recurring issues
- Proactivity in recognizing when individual issues are new or belong to a larger trend
- Timeliness and accuracy of Quality reports
- Completion of RCA and Countermeasure process according to SLAs
- Production attainment of at least 98% by factory
- Achievement of Cost reduction targets
- 1-3 Years of Quality Engineering or Sustaining Engineering Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable delivering difficult messages in a direct manner, being forceful (but always professional) when needed to hold others accountable.
- Someone who is mechanically inclined (can take a unit apart and put it back together again) and is comfortable reviewing technical drawings and assembly instructions.
- Effective Communicator who can translate between engineers and non-engineers and is comfortable being challenged by leadership team.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time (post covid).
- Previous experience in consumer electronics manufacturing or relevant processes.
- Experience with Tier 1 Contract Manufacturers
- Fluent in Spanish
- Cross Functional Experience that allows you to understand the tradeoffs and KPI’s across the organization
- Analytical Mindset, someone who can break down a problem into bit size pieces while still seeing the overall trend.
- Ability to Think Critically and be Detailed Oriented without jumping to conclusions
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Health Coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Self-directed Paid Time Off
- Opportunity for Rapid Growth