Director of Finance
Remote within the United States
Salary Range: $140 - $175, based on education and experience
Who is Fracture?
Fracture is re-inventing the way you print and display your favorite digital images. Almost everything about how we take, store, and share photos has changed over the last decade. And yet, most people are still using traditional framing methods that are clunky, inconvenient, and that diminishes the clear, crisp quality of today's digital images. We've created a better way, and with over 10,000 5-star reviews and one million orders shipped to 130 countries, our customers clearly agree. With a sleek, minimalist design, Fracture glass prints complement any decor and our products are manufactured by our dedicated team right here in the USA.
We've built a strong and sturdy foundation for our company through responsible, sustainable growth, and we're ready to scale. We recently received investment from a leading growth equity firm and with over 1 trillion photos being taken each year, the opportunity here can't be overstated. We know that the journey from growth-stage startup to household brand will test us in ways we've never been tested before. But we've built a team of passionate, gritty, creative problem-solvers, and we know we're up to the task.
What's the role?
Fracture is recruiting for a Director of Finance to manage and grow our finance operations team. This individual will be responsible for driving the metrics, processes, and forecasting to support our growth and decision making, ultimately heavily impacting the strategic direction of the company and ensuring its financial success. This is a Director level role that will report directly to the CEO and strategically lead the finance and accounting functions, ensuring that the quality and accuracy of financial reporting are maintained to our company and investor standards and in accordance with applicable accounting standards. You will manage and develop a team to execute the FP&A and business operations required for success. The Director must be a strategic partner across functions to empower understanding of scenarios and drive key decisions and measure progress against goals and budgets. You'll have proven analytical and strategic experience and are able to develop and implement creative solutions to solve operational challenges. As Director of Finance, you will own Fracture's operating plan and work with the executive team on building scalable and profitable business strategies.
What You'll Do
- Manage all financial and accounting functions, including financial modeling, multi-year forecasting, analysis, budgeting, accounting, management of receivables and payables, payroll and expense management, cash management, and tax compliance and strategy.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans.
- Create financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations to help drive business decisions -- and then help execute them!
- Build a world-class finance organization by hiring, inspiring, and leading a strong and diverse team. Coach and develop the team to meet business priorities and goals.
- Foster an exciting, collaborative growth culture and get hands-on when needed to help our team build capabilities.
- Deliver clear management and Board reporting that highlights drivers of forecast variances, deeper business insight, and future risks and opportunities.
- Effectively interface with all levels of the organization to share financial data and updates on goals on a regular basis.
- Responsible for equity, debt, and banking functions, including cap table management, debt strategy, and financial institution/investment banking relationships.
What Does It Take To Be Successful?
The ideal candidate will have a diverse combination of skills to encompass the responsibilities of this position. To be considered for the Director of Finance, an applicant may not possess all of the below requirements but should have experience in a majority of these areas of expertise.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ plus years of relevant financial and FP&A experience in high-growth, start-up environments or related fields (venture capital, private equity, investment banking, accounting, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience hiring, mentoring, and leading finance teams. You love building high-performing, collaborative teams and will do whatever it takes to make yours successful while also keeping the enterprise's holistic success your topmost priority. You love empowering and supporting your team in solving complex problems.
- Exceptional grasp of forecasting methods and techniques
- Strong analytical, modeling, and problem-solving skills with an ability to map innovative and clear solutions to complex problems while managing multiple projects.
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, QBO, etc).
- Strong understanding of consumer e-commerce business models.
- Experience with data analytics (SQL, Tableau, Large Data sets, etc.) preferred
- Experience in a high-volume, high-growth manufacturing/production environment preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly present financial information to all levels of management - you will regularly present to the board of directors
- Bachelor's in finance, accounting, or equivalent; CPA, CFA and/or MBA strongly preferred from an accredited institution
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company matching up to 3%
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan, 12 paid holidays, and even a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Employee no-cost health insurance, dental, and vision
- Additional 50% health insurance discount for employees plus one (spouse/family member)
- Available supplemental benefits including short-term disability, long-term disability, and more
- Substantial discount on Fracture products
- Great cultural and collaborative working environment!