FiveStars is the rewards program for small businesses that’s proven to bring customers back more often. Through unique rewards and personalized service, FiveStars helps everybody be a VIP. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. In 2015, FiveStars drove 35 million in-store visits across over 10,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada. Over 10 million consumers use FiveStars to have exceptional experiences with local businesses. To-date FiveStars has raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator.
FiveStars is seeking a world class FP&A Director responsible for driving the financial planning, forecasting, and analytical support to the management team and senior business leaders. The FP&A Director reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer, as well as indirectly to internal business partners on financial and operational matters. A successful candidate should act as a proactive business partner and demonstrate the leadership capacity to assume increasing responsibility in finance management.
- Develop detailed financial models and analysis for the company’s Strategic Plan
- Prepare analysis supporting key strategic decisions such as addressable markets, valuations, rate of return analysis, payback periods, accretive/dilutive acquisitions, etc.
- Build relationships with senior business leaders and partners in budget and forecast process
- Prepare thoughtful and insightful monthly analysis of variances to budget/forecasts
- Oversee monthly forecasting process, including development of billings and revenue forecasts, cost of sales forecasts, as well as operating expense, capital expenditures, balance sheet, and cash flow statement forecasts
- Evaluate bookings and billings performance as indicators of future revenue growth
- Analyze trends and anticipate business operating performance highlights
- Drive development and measurement of key performance metrics
- Perform ad hoc analysis of sales and operations to help management make key decisions
- Partner with accounting department in ownership of forecasting, reporting module, and data structures
- Participate actively in financial due diligence process as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in FP&A management
- SaaS company or Startup experience
- Netsuite system or similar (Intaact) ERP experience w/ integrated systems (Adaptive Planning, Anaplan)
- Strong financial modeling skills and strong Excel skills
- Proficient in using PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to work independently and in groups
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with all levels of senior management