Are you ready to join a fast-growing, high-energy team at a well-funded venture-backed company looking to change the game of consumer finance? Do you want to be an integral part of our risk management department and help us to minimize the company’s risk, and mitigate fraud in loan applications? Do you want to be a part of new, disruptive company that will become a next-generation leader in financial services and a beacon of analytical excellence? If you answered ‘yes’ to all of these questions, then joining Payoff is a low risk, high reward career move!
About the Job
The Director of Fraud & Risk Operations Strategy is a key member of the risk management team and the successful candidate will have the analytical abilities and operational knowledge to translate business objectives into analytical framework and to solve them by optimally balancing different metrics. Identifying potential risk is the most critical piece of the risk management process and is a critical component in managing the company’s default rate and consequent profitability.
- Show thought leadership in fraud and business innovation by taking an active role leading new fraud risk initiatives
- Develop business strategy for a variety of fraud initiatives which consider the right trade-offs between value to the business, impact to member experience & fraud risk
- Evaluate business results to identify insights and improvement opportunities, and make necessary changes to the credit risk & fraud policies
- Design and maintain credit underwriting & fraud policies, manage collections strategy and portfolio returns
- Manage and continually improve the fraud management & verifications & risk management processes to reduce friction for good customers while mitigating risk
- Develop reporting for originations, portfolio risk monitoring and fraud, and proactively identify key risks and mitigation strategies
- Establish metrics and effectively communicate status and progress of risk findings to the Payoff leaders.
- A 'can-do', flexible and proactive approach to identifying the root cause of complex issues and resolving difficult problems by using advanced analytics
- Decision making and problem solving capabilities based on analytical data which may include creative thinking, and keen business judgment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced learning organization which values the power of both the individual and the team
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
Desired skills and experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving ability, creative conceptual thinking, and keen business judgment
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative methods (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Engineering, or Economics), masters degree would be preferred
- 5+ years of credit risk & fraud management experience with consumer financial services (preferably with installment loans)
- Prior experience in verifications, and collections are extremely desirable.
- Working knowledge of statistical modeling and analysis including data mining, regression, and decision trees
- A 'can-do', flexible and proactive approach to identifying the root cause of complex issues and resolving difficult problems
- Positive and able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
At Payoff, we focus on what we do best: doing something we believe in, which will help change the world for the better! We believe in taking care of our employees, putting the customer first, eating great food, having a sense of humor, and getting things done.
We’re working on a big challenge and need team players, innovators and leaders to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits!
- Employee medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Generous vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to that kids’ basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Craft beer Thursdays – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment