GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Director of Growth Marketing will lead and nurture a team of experienced and innovative marketers and is responsible for crafting a growth marketing plan aligned to the Growth team’s revenue goals. The Director of Growth Marketing will be fully responsible for the marketing attribution journey through lead generation, account based and client retention campaigns across content, experiential and digital. In addition, this role will also be responsible for bringing best marketing practices to drive automation, efficiency and innovation across campaign management and measurement.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Oversee GumGum’s growth marketing team productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Develop and execute growth marketing strategies to achieve KPIs and ensure delivery of quarterly sales and growth targets.
- Drive effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention of Marketing team members
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement Growth Division goal setting and performance management.
- Ensure team members are having the best possible GumGum experience by inspiring team members through the delivery of meaningful feedback and coaching to their teams, evidenced by regular feedback requests, 1:1’s, quarterly reviews and recognition
Content Marketing -
- Develop content marketing strategy, fully execute 360 campaigns and own content calendar driving research and thought leadership assets.
- Build GumGum’s content marketing machine and thought leadership programs driving readership and qualified leads.
Experiential Marketing -
- Lead experiential marketing team working closely with sales regions in ensuring world-class client experience, lead-driving experiences/events and thought leadership campaigns.
Marketing Infrastructure and Lead Generation -
- Drive qualified leads and conversion across GumGum’s website through inbound marketing tactics and paid channels.
- Manage the end-to-end lead process and client journey, constantly looking at ways to improve conversion of the lead funnel through marketing automation and report on campaign success and revenue contribution.
- Provide best practices and drive adoption of marketing tech stack where needed (Salesforce, Hubspot, Splash, Ceros etc.)
- Own and allocate a significant growth marketing budget across teams with tracking ROI measurements.
Stakeholder Management -
- Work closely with regional sales leaders and sales teams on delivering marketing needs and requests to close leads and business opportunities.
- Work closely with Head of Corporate Communications and Head of Product Marketing in aligning GumGum’s story and messaging to key marketing campaigns
- Maintain strategic relationships with industry leading partners in developing joint campaigns across thought leadership content, events, webinars and digital channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or similar
- 7+ years of experience in B2B marketing
- 5+ years of experience directly managing a team of 4 or more
- Demonstrated experience building global integrated marketing campaigns with a strong focus on content and digital marketing for a B2B technology company.
- Understanding/Experience of Ad Tech industry is a plus
- Proven track record of working with high touch sales journey
- Ability to project manage large campaigns while actively managing key stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills with a sense of urgency to follow through
- Expert in marketing data, analytics and the ROI impact towards team decisions
- Comprehensive understanding of lead generation methodologies and industry trends
- Fluent in marketing automation and CRM capabilities with hands-on experience (Salesforce, Hubspot etc.)
- Strong presentation skills, Google Suite, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum