Director of Growth Marketing
About The Role
We are looking for a data-driven, Performance Marketing leader to develop, execute and refine an integrated marketing plan for an exciting new re-launch of the RoA Brand in the second half of 2020! Marketing responsibilities are across paid, earned, and owned channels with a keen focus on testing, measurement and iteration. This person will also be responsible for all aspects of performance and brand marketing across acquisition, referral, retention and loyalty. The Director of Growth Marketing’s team currently consists of a marketing coordinator and designer and reports directly into the Chief Customer Officer.
We’re looking for someone who is...
- Genuinely interested in how brands build awareness with customers, deliver highly efficient customer acquisition and measure performance in the consumer facing digital world
- Exceptional analytical skills with a robust understanding of data
- High degree of intellectual curiosity to improve paid acquisition and email performance and the desire to continually develop skills as the company grows and evolves
- A leader with strong verbal and written communication skills
- An organized “doer” with an exceptional ability to multitask who will take initiative and execute
- Has deep experience in platform within Paid Media and Search and also BI and marketing analytics tools (e.g. Looker, GA, Heap)
What you’ll do...
- Own the design of a comprehensive customer acquisition strategy (e.g., what are the right channels, the right messaging, the right audiences)
- Identify and actively investigate high-potential channels to test and incorporate into the broad acquisition and retention plan
- Meticulously track budgets and pacing to goals and communicate changes where applicable
- Own creative testing and framework
- Strategically allocate marketing budget across multiple channels to elevate performance against channel level CAC and LTV targets
- Develop and maintain key performance metric reports that track efficacy of variables and efforts
- Work closely with Director of Product and Chief Customer Officer to optimize site conversion
- Further build out the team and performance marketing function for the company
- Manage and own relationships with existing and potential partners
Other requirements & considerations
- 5+ years of data-driven digital marketing leadership experience with experience running paid social and search campaigns.
- Experience building and leading teams for an early/mid-stage startup that owns analytical, strategic, direct to consumer digital marketing
- Experience in consumer businesses and familiarity with all aspects of email and digital marketing
- Experience working closely with creative teams and writing briefs
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Experience with attribution and cohort analysis preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field required
A Bit About Us
Rockets of Awesome is reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, and exceptional merchandise. We’re making shopping for kids apparel convenient and fun – this is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative and strategic team working to fundamentally innovate the kids apparel space. This team cultivates a culture of learning and continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, and immediately adapting.
We value fun, over-the-top creativity, and teamwork.