Founded and led by billion-dollar investment and operations company Executive Chairman, Peter Rex, Rex is looking for a Director of Investments to identify, execute and oversee all direct asset strategy, analysis, evaluation of market opportunities, in addition to leading other capital raising/allocation initiatives.
Based out of Austin, TX, the Director of Investments will play a key role in any new tech-focused capital raising, help with fund strategy, investment analysis, generating trade ideas, and jumping into existing businesses, etc. Whatever is needed. They know that sometimes the prettiest solution to a problem is simply brute force and won’t hesitate to do it themselves.
The Director will own and manage all relationships with key financial stakeholders, and look to help shape the strategy and execution of new investment opportunities..
With raw talent, smarts, street smarts, and the hustle of a true builder, you will find a way or make one.
What you will be doing in Year 1:
- Identifying opportunity sets and leading our team in aggressive plays in multiple asset classes
- Providing recommendations for new and upcoming deals
- Analyzing existing deals across technology, public & private investments, and our operating companies
- Developing and leading a range of key projects related to new fund formation
- Assisting with fundraising documents and other internal strategies
- Executing quick or deep-dive business analyses, strategic plans for M&A, capital raising, evaluation of opportunity sets, and investor relations
- Working directly with a robust network of investors and other partners that aligns with Rex’s vision and operating principles
The ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree from Stanford preferred
- 5-7 years of experience (2-3 years at a startup & 3-4 years at a VC firm)
- Heavy tech & venture capital experience
- Extreme character, talent, drive, and teaming ability
- An entrepreneurial nature and is not afraid to think outside the box
- Extreme bias to execute
- Demonstrated excellence in finance (including cash-flow analysis and forecasting) and investment decision making
- Willingness to work across a multitude of teams, capabilities, and projects
- Experience working directly with investors
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be willing to relocate to Austin, TX
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
Our compensation & benefits package is designed to reward long-term career growth. Your total compensation can and should grow as you progress with the company. We evaluate performance and provide direct feedback to all teammates throughout the year, and ensure that compensation matches the role and performance. In addition, we offer the following:
- Coaching and stretch assignments that will test your limits
- Competitive salary and equity awards
- Discounted rent at any properties owned by ResProp Management
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan