Role: Director of Marketing
Reports To: CEO/Founder
Company: METHOD https://www.method.me/
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for growing leads and expanding the top of the funnel through organic and paid channels. You’ll have a natural curiosity that drives you to relentlessly test messaging, creative, landing pages and website experience. You should provide forward-thinking ideas to build and maintain a strong company web presence. And you’ll be a coach and collaborator, working with your team and across the company to deliver on your KPIs.
Method creates web applications for small and medium sized businesses (SMB's). Our flagship product is Method:CRM, a web application made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software. What sets Method apart is our ability to create customized solutions for individual SMB's. This is all facilitated by our patented accounting synchronization engine. We are a successful SaaS platform company, with a substantial base of paying customers, employing a team of 50+ passionate Methoders. We are looking for the right individuals to help further accelerate our growth.
- Responsible for lead acquisition, conversion and pipeline creation
- Responsible for marketing operations including lead management processes, marketing metrics, reporting & analytics, developing and managing the Marketing “tech stack” and processes (i.e. tools & technology and how they work together)
- Oversee all digital marketing channels (website, blogs, emails, social, external app stores/marketplaces)
- Dramatically grow leads (SaaS trials) through digital marketing programs - primarily SEO, online paid advertising (PPC and Display), content creation and website optimization
- Develop marketing and brand strategy in line with the strategic vision of the company
- Provide strategic and proactive leadership to the Marketing team
- Oversee and lead annual Marketing budget and planning process in conjunction with the CEO
- Build strong working relationship with senior leadership team, employees, Board of Directors, customers and partners
- Support and lead key Marketing initiatives and collaborate on cross-functional initiatives for the Company using a service-oriented approach
- Work closely with the product development team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages for customers, partners and analysts for Method’s products and services
- As an expert on customer segmentation, know how customers buy and their buying criteria, and tailor messages to meet their criteria
- Responsible for the company website designed to promote Method’s products and services and provide customers and prospects with the content they need throughout the sales process, as well as a mechanism for lead generation and also recruitment of new employees
- Oversee the development of marketing collateral, including white-papers, case studies, video content and ROI materials, that provide additional support for the sales team and the selling process
- Support the launch of new products and functionality with digital marketing tactics
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology developments and best practices
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with marketing policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- 5+ years in a digital marketing role working in a collaborative environment, including at least 2 years of management experience
- Experience managing teams of at least 2-4 Marketers
- Hands on experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Search Console and other related tools
- Experience empathizing with customers and optimizing their journey through the conversion funnel
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Familiarity with web design, development and constraints
- Degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business is a plus
- Experience working in a digital marketing agency is a plus
- B2B Software or SaaS company experience is a plus
- A collaborator who’s good at giving and receiving feedback
- A clear and concise communicator
- Able to analyze data. You know how to follow the data to insight.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to implement and manage process
- Able to prioritize and keep two eyes on the prize
- A curious and creative thinker
- High energy with drive to blow the roof off your KPIs
- Fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a small company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features, to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Training – You will receive initial and ongoing training on Method’s products, policies and procedures.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub.
- Competitive salary.
- Health care and dental plan.
Method is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.