About the Role
We are looking for a strategic and creative Director of Marketing to drive subscriber engagement and long-term retention for IPSY in Mexico. You will be responsible for the 360 go-to-market strategy for the international launch and develop the international brand playbook that will inform future market launches. Your focus will be on building brand awareness, cultivating a passionate and engaged community of fans, followers, and advocates, and bringing together a personalized and thoughtful content strategy that delights our community with beauty education and inspiration. You will oversee the brand’s social, influencer, creative, and public relations efforts and work closely with the brand’s global/US-based team in localizing 360 campaigns, monthly themes, and new feature and/or product launches. You will be the champion for the subscriber and will be part of a talented and passionate team committed to building a beloved brand with immense customer loyalty.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to lead the overall marketing strategy and 360 execution for the brand in Mexico! You will oversee messaging strategy for all member touchpoints including digital, social media, email, on-site experience, and marketing partnerships.
Are you hardworking, hungry, and love fashion & beauty? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop the overarching marketing and go-to-market strategy & refine the value proposition for an international launch
- Work with cross-functional partners in Creative, Merchandise, Brand Partnerships, Social, Influencers, Growth, and Digital to ensure consistency and continuity across all consumer touchpoints
- Develop and own the Mexico marketing calendar and partner with global Marketing teams on seasonal go-to-market strategies
- Lead all aspects of the social media, partnerships, and influencer strategy to ensure it aligns with the overall member experience
- Ensure flawless execution and timely delivery of all seasonal campaigns
- Leverage consumer insights and engagement metrics to develop hypotheses that drive tests to optimize the member experience and improve retention & acquisition
- Develop the marketing budget and ensure all activations stay within budget
- Act as brand cheerleader both internally and externally to constantly advocate for the brand
- Manage and develop the marketing team to drive strong performance around department objectives and to continually optimize channel performance
- Be the champion and expert on the customer. Work closely with the analytics, product management, customer service, and marketing teams to understand subscriber behaviors, needs, and preferences, and recommend solutions and opportunities for site, mobile app, and email.
- Stay well ahead on digital trends and contribute new innovative, breakthrough ideas towards the growth of the company.
What We’re Looking For
- English and Spanish fluency
- 10+ years in product marketing strategy, communications, and execution, with experience in eCommerce, beauty, and/or DTC brand marketing preferred
- Outstanding results orientation with a consistent track record in driving business impact
- Strong ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights about the customer, the channel, and the business
- Proven ability to develop strategy AND execute day-to-day tactics
- Passion for creating innovative, memorable customer experiences
- Extensive experience leading, challenging, and coaching a team of creative marketers for high performance
- Great work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Comfort with change in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong ability with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
Bonus if You Have
- Subscription experience
- Experience launching a US-based brand in LATAM
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program*
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
IPSY, a BFA Industries brand, was founded in 2011. IPSY delivers customized Glam Bags leveraging IPSY Match, a proprietary technology that analyzes hundreds of attributes to delight each member with personalized beauty products perfect for their lifestyle. IPSY strives to make beauty more inclusive and welcoming to all. IPSY’s primary offices are in San Mateo, Santa Monica and New York.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.