Hi, we’re Canary… a NYC-based startup that helps people connect to their family, their community and their homes in new ways. Our first product is an award-winning, all-in-one, home security device that makes it easy to not just see, but understand what’s happening in your home from anywhere.
Canary is looking for a high-performing Director of North American Sales to help us meet our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You will be responsible for developing and executing all key growth strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve our financial targets. This person will utilize existing relationships and cultivate strong new ones to ensure that Canary provides best of class account management to its online and brick and mortar retail partners. You will manage all aspects of the retail account relationships with a focus on strong execution and flawless operations, while cultivating opportunities with each retailer to maximize growth of sales and brand awareness. In addition, this individual will work closely with Canary’s product and marketing teams to execute product launches and marketing initiatives with each retailer. We are looking for driven individuals with strong operational and interpersonal skills who enjoy building lasting customer relationships.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Fully own Canary’s relationship with each retailer, so that you may successfully represent Canary’s needs to each retailer, and communicate each retailer’s needs to Canary. Building deep relationships between Canary and our retailers that enables both parties to identify win-win opportunities to drive strong sales and positive awareness.
• Work with retail partners and Canary’s internal teams to develop strategic plans, forecasts and product & marketing solutions
• Forecast and analyze key revenue drivers and partner profitability
• Own communication and exchange of information between various internal departments and the appropriate counterpart at each retailer
• Oversee retail-focused projects to ensure flawless execution
• Support the sales cycle from start to finish, including the preparation of proposals and product demonstrations
• Ensure revenue and profitability targets are met and exceeded
• Support all aspects of business development with a willingness to jump in and help out as needed
• Role involves travel up to 50%
• 10 years of relevant experience in a retail-focused, consumer products environment is absolutely required
• An independent self-starter attitude; the ability to thrive in a fast- paced environment
• A proven track record in setting objectives and meeting and exceeding targets
• Ability to network within a partner organization to identify key influencers and decision makers
• Strong time management, follow-up, project management and organizational skills
• Strong negotiation skills, problem solving, strategic thinking, account management skills
• Independent nature that thrives in a team environment, a positive disposition, excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexible/can-do attitude and dedication are essential
• 50%+ travel – minimum
• Location - negotiable
• BS / BA degree or equivalent
A Little About Us:
We’re Canary, a New York City-based startup that believes the best technology makes you smarter, puts you in control, and gives you access to the information you need. That’s why we’re dedicated to developing easy-to-use technology that protects, empowers, and has a meaningful impact on people, families, and their communities.
Our first product made Indiegogo history as the most successful connected home crowdfunded product ever, and has proven that there’s a real demand for a simple, intelligent, all-in-one home security device. We think it’s because Canary does more than protect your home; it gives people control, connects them to their loved ones, and helps them hold on to the moments that matter.
We're looking for brilliant, talented people who love toppling giants, working autonomously in small teams, solving challenging problems, and developing real solutions for everyday use. If that sounds like you, come join us and help us make the world feel safe and secure.
What can we give you?
This job has been filled or removed by Canary.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Director of North American Sales job post.✕