Multiverse is a tech startup on a mission. We’re tearing down a broken system and building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training.
Our professional apprenticeships open up many career opportunities for young adults and those looking to upskill – all while helping businesses embrace digital transformation and build a truly diverse talent pipeline.
At Multiverse, we measure potential beyond academic results. Working closely with community partners, we can reach candidates from underrepresented backgrounds – building a route to boardroom for a diverse group of future leaders.
Already one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, we recently landed in the US too. Now working with more than 300 companies – including Facebook, Morgan Stanley and Microsoft – we’re looking for fresh talent to take us to the next level.
Here, you’ll be part of something bigger. Unlocking opportunities for all, you’ll help solve some of society’s most pressing issues, be empowered by those around you, and never stop growing your skills.
The Multiverse community provides transformational experiences that enable members to build life-long, personal and professional connections and access opportunities to develop skills and realise their potential as part of a culture of life-long learning and commitment to growth.
The online community (the Hub) is where our members can sign up to events and development programmes, meet other apprentices, access articles and event recordings, and access exclusive Multiverse benefits. It’s the central pillar that connects our global community and essential to our success. We know that when apprentices are regularly engaged with the community they are happier, more satisfied and more successful on programme so our community is critical to the Multiverse experience.
We’re looking for a Director of Online Community Platform and Content to help us deliver on our mission to provide a transformational apprenticeship experience to every Multiverse apprentice. With an aim to have the most supportive community of learners in the world, the Director of Online Community Platform and Content will shape and drive our priorities to:
- Create the community platform features and content to serve our community.
- Develop and iterate our formula for community engagement to achieve predictably excellent results both on and offline.
- Ensure that our online community experience is world class, driving daily engagement and a strong sense of belonging for our members.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play a key part in shaping our online community experience and define our community content strategy at a point of explosive growth for Multiverse. Our community is forecast to grow 3x this year from 3000 to over 9000 members who are either Multiverse apprentices or Multiverse alumni. You would be joining a team of talented community builders with specialist skills in events, partnerships, development programmes and platform management. Our aim is to create a community experience that rivals that of the best universities to make apprenticeships a truly credible alternative choice.
- Bringing world class experience and leadership in online community and content to bear in a practical way, to build and maintain a world-class product set that scales and achieves consistent results in engaging the community.
- Overseeing online platform product development, both through managing others and in a hands-on way; knowing the details and data behind what gets results in engaging the community, and focusing resources in the right way to achieve excellence
- Being attentive both to immediate needs (optimising use of our third party platform) and defining and driving the development of an owned online platform, working closely with colleagues in Product and Technology as we build an apprenticeship platform for learning and community
- Setting and overseeing content development and review practices, ensuring that content is highly engaging and cutting-edge in nature.
- Implementing a strategic, data-driven approach to product development to ensure product-market fit, using rapid iteration to identify and test hypotheses before launch
- Overseeing the work to define how we create and deliver content that upskills apprentices in durable skills eg communication, problem solving, resilience etc
- Being a great leader; managing a team of platform managers, designers, content producers and other contributors, contractors, etc.
- Proposing and managing relevant budgets and resources
- Effectively representing the work of the Online Platform and Content team to other parts of the business, and ensuring effective interfaces with other teams
- Ensuring that community engagement results in new connections, new skills, a shared identity and sense of belonging for our members.
- Collecting and acting on data and feedback ongoing, including from coaches, apprentices, and line managers, to drive improvements and support rapid iteration of the platform and it’s content.
- Elevating the role of the online platform as a destination in itself with unique added value to community members, through content, short short courses, digital credentials, networking features etc.
- You have deep experience (at least 8 years) scaling highly engaged communities that are majority online with elements of in-person activity and evidence of your success in scaling them.
- You can articulate what makes a community successful because you have built and delivered it, including with technology; you have a track record of strong performance and contribution to the growth of a global community.
- You have a deep understanding of online behavioural psychology and know how to harness members' need to create habitual engagement.
- You are an advocate of the power of community, that we go further together and that a strong community can equalise social equity.
- You have a background in content strategy and creation; you love to get your hands dirty in content development; you are happy to coach your team, as well as get into the weeds to understand things
- You are strategic and commercial - you are intensely curious about and will find data to back: what our members want and need, what makes our community unique or better and whether our hypotheses are correct. You care deeply about our members' long-term outcomes and the role our community has to play in them.
- You can work with third party community platform software and its limitations whilst practising the art of the possible and pushing for the best possible experience.
- You lead a team with diverse skills, from platform management, designers, developers, content strategists and all types of content creators.
- You have an eye for good design and user experience and high standards to match.
- You have worked with product teams as a product owner to build community or learning products - this is a significant part of the future for this role
- You love data; you create hypotheses but always look to data as the source of truth
- You can communicate complicated concepts clearly
- You’re highly collaborative - this role will involve working with teams across the business and very closely with senior leaders in the community team.
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with monthly office visits to MV London or New York
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently