Director of Operations, Logistics & CX
About the Role:
Rockets of Awesome is looking for a Director of Operations, Logistics and CX responsible for our supply chain and customer experience - including 3PL fulfillment, logistics, freight partners, packaging, and an in-house CX team to deliver a best in class customer experience. The role reports directly to the Chief Customer Officer. This director will lead and drive change through people, systems, and process to continuously develop innovative, integrated supply chain solutions to ensure speed to market. Cross-functional collaboration, process improvement, and project management are critical requirements in this leadership role.
What you’ll do...
- Direct all logistics, warehouse and freight activities across the business. Manage partners (freight forwarders, 3PL, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate delivery of inventory from factories to our distribution center and out to customers.
- Own daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual reporting of key logistics and operations metrics across the organization.
- Identify problems and drive efforts to resolve with inventory procedures and systems.
- Own the process, team, and systems in the areas of Reverse Logistics, Warehouse, Kitting, Shipping, and Receiving.
- Evaluate warehouse infrastructure projects to deliver efficiencies and optimization plans to maximize revenue opportunities and/or lower costs.
- Manage Rockets of Awesome Customer Experience responsible for representing the voice of the customer, thoughtfully assorting the boxes our customers request, and capturing insights and providing recommendations for growth.
- Direct all shipping, receiving, and return processing activities to meet/exceed all service level requirements.
- Own all activities related to inventory control and accuracy, on-time shipments, condition of shipments, and completeness of paperwork.
- Manage the Cycle Count program to ensure all units are properly accounted for and counted according to schedule
- Ensure all policies and procedures necessary for adequate inventory control are in place and followed accordingly
- Maintain oversight of all transactional data to ensure inventory integrity
We’re looking for someone who is...
- Experienced in the consumer product world. An operational leader experienced in a contemporary, cross-channel, consumer products company; preferably early stage and entrepreneurial.
- An innovative builder. You’ve created logistics and operational programs in a constantly evolving environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- An agile worker. You’re able to flex between micro and macro level thinking and collaborate with all levels of management. You dive deep into small and big issues across the whole scope of the business at a moments notice.
- A big picture thinker who still sweats the details. You’re a thought leader who thinks beyond fulfillment and logistics to see the impact on the greater business. You’re strategic yet hands on—dreaming and doing at the same time.
- A strong, creative problem solver. You’ve developed warehouse staff/processes and systems to successfully transform a consumer business where performance is critical.
- A diplomatic and tactful leader. You build and motivate your team by setting high standards and fostering creativity and flexibility.
- Curious and solution oriented. You always search for the how over the why, approaching every day as a business owner, with a strong sense of urgency and the eagerness to embrace a changing landscape. You’re not afraid to make a mistake and take calculated risks.
- Performance obsessed. You drive change and ensure compliance at the highest levels across planning, warehouse, reverse logistics & inventory management disciplines.
Other requirements & considerations
- Bachelor's degree, Operations Management focus preferred
- 5+ years of experience with an early to mid-stage startup driving relationships with 3PLs/warehouses (internal and offsite) and owning business operations
- Experience in customer experience or ability to quickly learn and lead the CX business
- Experience as an operational leader in a contemporary, cross-channel, consumer products company; preferably early stage and entrepreneurial