Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
As the Director of Operations for the Supplies business, you will be responsible to develop and drive the operational plan to enable an aggressive growth of Q’s Supplies business. This encompasses identifying and building the required operational and system capabilities to scale, ensuring a consistent and seamless fulfillment of services and keeping the overall cost of the operation low. To accomplish this, you will work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to drive all required changes.
- You are strategic, yet very effective at executing and managing your plans. You have a holistic problem-solving approach that considers the dependencies and impact on multiple actors
- You are process-oriented, strive for efficiency and have the drive to be directly responsible for the profitability of this vertical
- You are an effective communicator and are able to drive changes by presenting compelling cases for your needs
- You are an inquisitive and natural negotiator. You don’t take no for an answer and always push the envelope.
- You understand the ebb and flow of trade-offs, smartly using those techniques to find an optimal compromise
- Define a long-term operational strategy for supply vertical to align it with Q’s overall strategy and other operational initiatives
- Recommend, execute and monitor short-term, mid-term and long-term actionable plans to get the vertical off the ground, and solve the root-cause of any recurring supply chain problems
- Work in partnership with General Managers and Operations Managers of each city to gather feedback, implement improvements to positively impact the bottom line, and communicate upcoming features
- Manage vendors and domestic carriers by keeping them aligned with Q’s minimum SLAs, which you will also develop
- Continuously conduct assessments of the product selection to phase-in and phase-out new and discontinued products
- Work with Q’s Product team to enhance supporting systems or create new systems
- Provide supply chain support to other service organizations
- Regularly report overall ‘health’ of line of business to the company’s executive team
- 7 or more years professional experience. At least 4 years of experience in an operations capacity, with proven track record of delivering results. Equivalent consulting experience a plus
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills a must. Proven experience in identifying inefficiencies and driving solutions to address them
- Experience in defining system needs to improve the effectiveness of an area/department
- Entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Experience in vendor management, demand planning, distribution, warehouse management, logistics and transportation preferred, but not required
- MBA a plus
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options
- 401(k) with matching
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG