Casper is seeking a Director of People to join our NYC Headquarters. This person will be responsible for driving the architecture and build out of our People / HR function, including but not limited to: championing innovative people culture to ensure Casper is an amazing place to work, people ops strategy in partnership w CXO/COO, and functions across Benefits & Payroll, Performance Management/Reviews, Employee Onboarding, Employee Relations, Training & Development and Compensation.
You will work in partnership with the Chief Experience Officer and Chief Operating Officer, Director of Talent, VP of Finance, VP of Legal and the rest of the executive team to ensure Casper’s People Operations is a well oiled machine that will support an innovative organization that is changing the world of Sleep.
- Create and manage the employee onboarding process, ensuring each and every hire has a seamless onboarding, orientation and experience in their early days at Casper
- Design and implement the “Welcome to Casper” orientation program in collaboration with the Director of Talent and Co-Founders
- Work with Department Heads/Directors to create effective training and development programs
- Ensure that team members have the tools and resources they need to be successful in delivering on the company’s mission
- Develop efficient and scalable processes and systems across as they relate to People across the organization
- Ensure compliance with all EEO, Employment, Benefits, Payroll and Wage-hour Laws
- Implement and manage a full-cycle employee review and feedback process
- Create and measure key metrics that are designed to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement and retention
- Oversee all HR/People related vendor relationships, regularly evaluating cost and effectiveness
- Design and implement programs and policies that continuously enhance life at Casper, including internal communications, events, and company wide off-sites
- Partner with VP Finance to research, recommend and establish new HRIS system
- Leverage people data in improvement and implementation of all people programs, processes and systems
- 7+ years of experience working in People Operations/Human Resources, preferably in a high-growth startup environment
- Experience rolling out and implementing Continuous Feedback and 360 performance review programs, designed to create an open line of communication and drive high performance across the organization
- Deep understanding of employment/labor laws
- Experience developing orientation and training programs
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A high sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with, knowledge of and opinion of newest generation of HRIS systems
Casper (casper.com) is a sleep brand that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its award-winning sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?" sized box. A year and a half after launching the mattress, Casper expanded its universally comfortable product line, which now includes a perfect pillow and sheets.
The company is one of the fastest growing consumer brands of all time with more than 100 full-time employees, $100M in revenue for 2015, and 100,000 Casper owners. Casper was named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in the World, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of Time's Best Inventions of 2015.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Fitness stipend
- Open vacation policy
- Lots of free food and unlimited naps!