Voxy’s Director of People Operations will be responsible for helping to recruit, grow and cultivate a team of passionate experts whose collective work will change how people around the world learn English. He/she will be responsible for developing strategies and will be hands-on in implementing programs that help inspire, motivate and develop our team.
The Director will work closely with Voxy’s senior team to foster a strong and dynamic culture that embodies Voxy’s core values: empathy, results driven, curious, high integrity and collaborative. The Director will be charged with finding and nurturing the best talent to join our team and further our mission.
- Report to the COO and manage talent acquisition, development and retainment processes in Voxy’s two offices: New York and São Paulo
- Assist the senior leadership team in making sure that team members are aligned with the company mission, vision and strategy
- Create and manage a recruiting plan to support the evolving needs of the business as it grows
- Ensure that team members have the tools and resources they need to be successful in delivering on the company’s mission
- Develop efficient and scalable HR processes and systems
- Manage key metrics around candidate flow, acceptance rate, yield, turnover, satisfaction, etc.
- Construct and implement programs and policies that enhance life at Voxy, including internal communication, social events, educational/professional development activities and off-sites
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to enhance the company’s onboarding program, as well as develop relevant, engaging and effective training programs across functional areas
- Oversee benefits and compensation, periodically benchmarking Voxy’s compensation and benefits against other firms in a representative peer group
- 5+ years experience working in HR or People Operations in a dynamic, growing corporate environment
- Highly autonomous, self-directed, organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience hiring and training employees
- Experience creating or managing policies that shape positive, appropriate employee behavior
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects from inception through completion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management
On top of a rewarding job opportunity that will directly impact the way millions of students learn English, Voxy offers some awesome perks:
- Competitive salary (base/bonus) and equity ownership
- Great benefits: Medical, dental, vision, Flex Spending (FSA), gym reimbursement, mobile service reimbursement, Citi Bike and free on-site language classes
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences
- Incredible team of super bright, creative, talented and passionate individuals
- Awesome office space in downtown Manhattan that’s easily accessible by many trains
Voxy is a leading web and mobile-based English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major educational institutions, corporations and governments in North and South America, Europe and Asia. Voxy’s proven approach draws on more than 30 years of academic research on second language acquisition. Every online course combines adaptive learning technology and authentic, real-world content to support learners’ unique needs in real time. Voxy launched in 2010 as one of the most disruptive technology startups of the year, and has since been used by millions of learners around the world. It has been recognized for its innovative approach by major media outlets including the New York Times, Forbes, CNN, Veja and Fast Company, and is backed by leading education and technology investors including Rethink Education, ff Venture, Contour Venture Partners and Pearson PLC. Voxy is headquartered in New York City and has an office in São Paulo.
Voxy CEO Named Top 100 Most Influential EdTech Leaders
Best Places to Work for Tech Industry
12 Companies Transforming Their Industries
The 10 Best US Tech Companies To Work For In 2012