The Director of Product plays a key leadership role in the company and is responsible for delivering a clear and compelling product vision and strategy for Compositing, Editorial and Review products. This role leads the product management team responsible for delivering this core M&E product family to market, including Nuke, NukeX, Nuke Studio, Hiero, Hieroplayer, Flix and all related plugins. In this role you will be a product champion, both internally and externally and have the ability to deliver across all areas of product management. You must be a product leader who is passionate about building a high performing product team.
You will develop and guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution and this extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products. You will build products and develop new ideas based on your depth of product experience, industry expertise and your contact with customers and prospects.
You must know how to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence across a strong product team. In addition to developing and communicating a clear product vision, you will have the drive to make that vision a reality working closely with the product and development teams. You must enjoy spending time in the field being an evangelist for the product line, understanding and anticipating current and future customer problems and delivering innovative ideas and solutions to our customers.
- Determines the overall vision and strategy for the product group and is responsible for its overall success, creating value for existing and potential customers, growing market share and improving the customer experience
- Oversees the entire product lifecycle from product vision to strategic milestone planning and delivery of tactical activities with the support of the product, design, and development teams
- Develops, motivates, and manages a team of product managers and designers to deliver best in class product management with a relentless drive to deliver quality solutions that delight our customers
- Evangelizes the product line and provides thought leadership in the market
- Understands new and existing market opportunities, with a continual focus on the long term market trends, identifying new opportunities for product development
- Determines and specifies market requirements for current and future products by leading market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and prospects
- Leads product discovery with the product management team and the development of the product line roadmap, requirements, product designs, and prototypes
- Partners with the Research and Technology leaders to ensure the product management team is able to consistently leverage the knowledge and development of the Research team in our commercial product strategy, delivering innovative solutions to our customers
- Partners with Engineering management to ensure the teams have the direction, context, and ongoing feedback required to consistently and rapidly test, develop and release products with outstanding quality and deliver exceptional customer experience
- Builds strong partnerships, fostering collaboration across the product management and technology leadership teams
- Drives a robust development process that is agile, predictable and results oriented
- Aggressively identifies opportunities for improvement including greater efficiency, improved quality and faster time to market
- Leads assessment of technologies that might be applied to solve market problems and analyses buy, build or partner opportunities for product line
- Leads cross product collaboration to form cross product workflows and end to end solutions
- Creates buy-in for the product vision both internally and externally acting as the customer champion at internal meetings, media events, trade shows, conferences
- Ensures the profitable evolution of the products by scoping and prioritising development activities based on customer value and commercial impact
- Acts as escalation point and final decision maker on all things related to the products, removing blockers and resolving conflict across teams as needed
- Identifies key risks, creates and oversees the execution of action plans to correct performance issues and minimise risk, escalating major development or operational issues
- Leads the creation and maintenance of market and product group documentation, business cases, plans, positioning, and pricing
- Supports the product managers working with the Sales and Marketing teams to define the GTM strategy, helping them understand the overall product vision and strategy
- Guides the creation product related material, sales enablement tools, and thought leadership content to be used both internally and externally
- Conducts product and technology assessments and analyzes the competitive landscape through competitive market research
- Responsible for communication regarding the product group to all stakeholders, providing regular updates to Exec team and senior leadership group
- Deep domain expertise in media and entertainment, excellent knowledge of industry technology and demonstrated technical aptitude
- Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- Product management experience within a technology company or equivalent commercial role in media and entertainment
- Experience leading and developing product teams with an emphasis on building alignment and engagement when working at scale.
- Experience leveraging OKRs or other objective-based frameworks to build alignment and focus.
- Excellent analytic capabilities and strong technical aptitude with the ability to make decisions based on both quantitative data and qualitative insight
- Proven track record as a creative and strategic thinker with a strong sense of urgency to drive execution and shared vision across teams
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to lead by influence and successfully deliver on a complex product roadmap
- Proven ability to use competitive intelligence, market research and customer feedback and convert that into successful products
- Excellent commercial acumen, ideally with a demonstrated ability to manage a P&L
- Experience developing successful relationships with customers and strategic partners
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment with Technology, Sales, Marketing and Operations
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to travel
- Ideally based in the UK, remote candidates in a UK-friendly time zone may also be considered
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance,
- Season ticket loan
- Company’s social events
- Gym Discounts
- Anniversary day off
- Flexible working
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.