Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam. We root for each other’s success and always remember to take time to celebrate, have fun, and Get Loopi!
Loopio is looking for an ambitious, inspiring, and experienced Head/Director of Design who can lead the vision, strategy, and delivery of our enterprise product experiences Reporting into the SVP of Product, you will be at the forefront of establishing what Design and Research means to Loopio and advocating for that vision company wide. The right design leader understands that a great inclusive culture is the foundation of doing great work, and you build trust, inspire, and connect.
Come help us build and lead a team of passionate designers to create the next generation of experiences that will guide our customers on their RFP response journeys!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coach and grow Loopio’s Product Design and User Research teams by providing mentorship, support, and professional development opportunities to the team
- Collaborate with your peers as part of our engineering, product, and design senior leadership team to help refine our product vision and strategy
- Build, refine and drive our Product Design process and rituals
- Define and implement long term Product Design and User Research strategy
- Be the voice of Product Design – Make sure the entire company knows what Product Design is about and why we value it so much at Loopio
- Continue to build out a User Research practice to derive deep insights that inform the product roadmap, and lead ongoing usability testing for designs
- Be a strong voice of the customer – Advocate for our users and support Loopio’s hyper-user-centric culture
What You Bring to the Team
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Design leadership role within a high-growth SaaS company, with at least 7+ years in Product Design
- Strong empathetic leadership and management principles that align with our values of Candor, Supportiveness, and Inclusivity in our teams and design practices
- Experience working in a scrum/agile environment with embedded product designers
- Experience leading Product Design in a B2B company
- Ability to balance design idealism vs pragmatism (i.e. You know when a given design principle cannot be ignored vs. when it’s safe to be flexible or take smart shortcuts)A scientific mindset when it comes to validating designs: You know what steps are required to objectively validate your design hypotheses, and you push this work forward
- Background in both Generative and Evaluative design research practices (and an understanding of when to employ each)
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote first workplace that operates under a Hub Region Model. We recognize the advantages and flexibility of working remotely and we integrate that into the way we work!
- Right now, Loopio has one central Hub which is our Toronto Hub Region and our teams mostly work regular business hours in the EST time zone.
- Loopers and future-Loopers can live anywhere within a 300km/185 mile radius of Toronto (within Ontario).
- You’ll collaborate with your team largely remotely - we’re all just a Zoom call away!
- Loopio headquarters is at our beautiful Kensington Market office in downtown Toronto.
- When it’s safe to do so again, you’ll have the option of working where you work best - whether that be majority at home or hot-desking at the office whenever you’d like. When we are able to do so, we will also have the opportunity to make in-person connections at our Toronto office or during organization-wide events such as our Annual Retreat or Loopicon.
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- You'll have a manager who coaches you through goal setting, frequent 1-on-1s, and real-time feedback
- We make transparency and communication a part of how we work; you’ll love our weekly all-hands meeting or quarterly Ask Me Anything sessions with the Senior Leadership Team
- You’ll have tons of autonomy and responsibility; we have a results-driven environment
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is deeply invested in personal and professional growth
- You’ll have a piece of the pie; every Loopio employee participates in our stock option plan!
- You’ll participate in a holistic health and benefits plan that kicks in on day one!The career growth opportunities are endless at a successful, high-growth company
Loopio is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to building equitable workplaces that are diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and lifestyles to consider us as a future employer. Please contact a member (Diane or Yeniffer) of our Talent Experience team ([email protected]) should you require accommodations at any point during our virtual interview process.